What are you anal about

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ErikCLDR, Apr 28, 2007.

1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I thought of making an interesting thread. What are you Anal about?

1) Keeping my car clean inside and out
    2) Saving Boxes things come in
    3) Speaking grammatically correct
    4) Looking presentable
    5) Having a clean (mac os) desktop

More:
    - People that forget to turn off their high beams
    - People that think my high beams are on when they are not and flash their lights at me- it happened like 405943590340959 times today and I was like WTF MY HIGH BEAMS ARE NOT ON. I even checked the light on the dash and flicked the switch to make sure.
    - Slow drivers/people that go 5mph in a 40 because they don't know where they are going
    -Bikers that ride in the middle of the road and go through intersections without stopping
    -People that walk when its dark out on roads with 40mph+ speed limits and no street lights or sidewalks
    -People touching valuable things of mine without asking
    - People deliberately misinterpreting what you say and then go off screaming it to others
    -People that don't listen to others opinions
    -People that change their minds at the last minute about things
    -STORE EMPLOYEES that don't make EYE CONTACT
    -Slow Fast Food

There are a lot of other things that I probably just have not thought of yet.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Clean desktop like you

My music collection (both physical and digital)

4. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

I really really really hate it when JOGGERS RUN IN THE BIKE LANE when there is a perfectly good sidewalk, safely 20ft away from the busy road!

edit: opps i totally misread the topic :/

anyways things i'm anal about....mmm lets see...I guess I try really hard to be as politically correct as possible when I'm in a conversation with someone.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

That.

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

1) Keeping anything clean
    2) Keeping meticulous care of my electronics, and if anyone attempts to touch them without asking, I will kill them, or at least attempt to
    3) Telling my fiancee that we have to be somewhere at a certain time, reminding her of that fact every 10 minutes, then her still being 20 minutes late
    4) Slow drivers in the left lane (or slow drivers period)
    5) Speaking grammatically incorrect
    6) Bad spellers (some say it's not a sign of a lack of intelligence, but I don't believe that. If you've read more than the funnies in the paper, you've seen enough words to know how they're spelled)
    7) People who think/attempt to show others that they know what they are talking about, but really don't
    8) Trashy drunks yelling out inane/asinine things in public at restaurants/bars/sporting events, either at me or others (unless they are ridiculously funny) Actually, probably trashy drunks in general.
    9) Slow @$% wannabe-Lance-Armstrong-road-bikers-because-they-just-spent-$10,000-on-their-road-bike-and-ball-hugger-shorts who ride in the car lane when their max speed is 25 mph on a 40 mph road holding up traffic for 1/2 mile.

Many more will come to mind...but that's a start...

7. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

-Games. I only play the utter best now.
    -Tidy. I'm not obsessive in the standard way, I'll deliberately let my room get messy then spend the good part of a day cleaning it top to bottom!

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

10. ErikCLDR thread starter macrumors 68000

Was a speaking or typing? :p :D

I don't proof read and I am easily distracted.

11. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

anal about not being anal. life is difficult enough, no extra stress required or wanted.

12. jng macrumors 65816

jng

having books returned to me in a different condition than when i lent it to them (not just creases but also scruffing and shelfwear...)

13. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

That's good, since you obviously aren't concerned about writing grammatically correctly. ;)

Yep, what's up with that? It hasn't happened to me that often, but often enough. I don't drive with high beams on roads that get any amount of traffic, because it's too annoying to switch on and off all the time, and it's pretty obvious that my headlights are not that bright when the high beams are off. Idiots.

Sorry, did you say something? :)

Whoa, dude. Might be going overboard there. If you let all the stupidity in the world get to you, you're not gonna last long!

--Eric

14. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Damn right! Jerks! It's almost like they think they have a right to be on the road or something! Why don't they just get a car already?

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ooh, that's a good one.

I'm anal about really pointless things. :eek:
    • Like, in my pencil cases I like my pens and pencils facing specific directions. And my tubes of paint pointing in specific directions.
    • Clothes folded in a particular way (probably from working retail).
    • The way my make up is arranged in its case.

I'm sure there are other things, just can't think of 'em right now.

16. Clarence macrumors regular

exactly the same things veritas&equitas is anal about. Minus the whole bike issue.:D

17. ErikCLDR thread starter macrumors 68000

I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not but I hate at major intersections, in that brief amount of time when all the lights are red- you just see a biker fly threw the intersection.

I have a nice solid steel brush guard on the front of my car...

I won't say anymore

18. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

• When people (namely my mom) simply don't understand anything. Example: I explain to her that after a few years Bell gives me a discount to upgrade to a new phone, but she still wouldn't let me use the upgrade.:confused:
    • People who complain when I volunteer to do something. I have better things to do with my time.
    • People who can't stand when things are unfair.
    • People who complain about everything.

19. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Oh, good, 'cause I thought you were about to say that murdering someone is ok when you don't like their choice of transportation.

20. ErikCLDR thread starter macrumors 68000

It has nothing to do with their form of transportation, I has to do with their form of following traffic laws. Last time I checked a red stop light meant for people on the road to stop. If bikers are going to use the road, they should follow to the rules before the cause accidents/get themselves killed.

21. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

And riding in the middle of the road is against the law? I wasn't aware of that. Well, good thing you've got your big grill to show them what's what, right?

22. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

1) My tools: they have to be kept clean and neatly arranged in the tools box.

2) My car: it has to be kept clean and dusted off everyday.

3) My spelling and grammar: I'm constantly trying to decide between a coma, semicolon, or full colon. Right now I'm trying to remember whether I'm suppose to start a sentence after a full colon with a capital letter or not. :confused:

23. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

In NC it is.

I'm a mountain biker myself. I don't like riding on the road since I'm afraid of getting hit. I try to be as courteous as possible to road bikers when I'm driving but this only goes so far. I'm supposed to share the road with bikers and bikers are supposed to share the road with me. That goes both ways.

24. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

The answer is no. You do not capitalize. This is taken from The Brief English Handbook Fifth Edition.

That book is my bible (not really but you get the idea)

25. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Oh, and one last thing. Why don't cars who run red lights while flooring it merit being on your list? Gotta get through that last split second of yellow, right? Is that ok with you then? Jeez.

Anyways, sorry for all the OT posts, I guess I'm just a bit pissy since I've been unable to really move around all day or even sleep well because I got hit by a car last night who apparently wasn't following the traffic laws. But boy, I bet it was my fault for biking on his road, right? Or maybe I would have been justified in killing him as you've said?

So, let's see... what am I anal about?

1) Keeping the Cube clean. The Cube must be clean at all times! Same with my MacBook, but it's got a pretty shell on it now to keep fingerprints off.
    2) Keeping things on my desk really straight in their place. This only applies to when the desk is clean, though, as it's now covered in crap. but when it's clean, it's gotta be just right!