Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I am beside myself with excitement over the new iPads and the new Pencil. While I'm waiting for November 7, here's what I'm doing:

1. Cleaning and decluttering my work table.
  2. Decluttering my current (original) iPadPro and getting rid of unused apps.
  3. Backing up.
  4. Finishing up some watercolor (!) lessons using Procreate.
  5. Testing out the Elevation Lab DraftTable stand with my current iPad.
  6. Watching "Escape to the Country" on BBC hoping scenic views of the British countryside will calm me down.
What are you doing to prepare?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Trying to use my macbook as little as possible to see if an iPad can really do it all. So far no good though :( Still might buy it if I like what i see in store.

Reactions: artfossil

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
Decluttering apps I don't use anymore. Making backups of my Procreate brushes and color palettes just in case. Scoping out third party cases on Amazon. Auctioning off less essential organs on the black market.

Once my new iPad arrives on Monday, I'll clean and disinfect my stuff of any possible cooties and list everything for sale on Swappa. Though why anyone would want a used first gen 9.7" Pro and Pencil is beyond me.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I decided to shower ahead of the big day, so my hands and body will be clean when I embrace my new iPad on Wednesday morning!! lol

But I am probably going to do a final back up on my current iPad over the weekend and do a factory reset, since I am selling it to a co worker on Wednesday.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
What am I doing while I wait? Um... I am sitting naked in the lotus position on the floor of my zen shrine I built to the iPad Pro in my house, burning incense and chanting ohmmmmmmm while listening to the sounds of traditional Japanese koto music. Heh heh heh.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
reading forums to see that more people seem to be ordering the 11inch version which is making me question getting the 12.9 version :mad:
I have last year's 12.9. The actual display itself is already bigger than my 9.7" iPad so it's a non-starter as far as my purses are concerned. Note, my purses can't fit the older style 9.7" iPad 1-4, either.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I have last year's 12.9. The actual display itself is already bigger than my 9.7" iPad so it's a non-starter as far as my purses are concerned. Note, my purses can't fit the older style 9.7" iPad 1-4, either.
My 9.7” Air 2 fits nicely in my business purse. I’m not sure the new 11” will do the same. We’ll see. It’ll fit nicely in my casual shoulder bag for sure, when I’m pretty sure the 12.9” won’t.

Reactions: rui no onna

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2013
Nothing special, mine won’t get to me until the 13th unless something incredible happens and it ships sooner. Doubt that will happen, but one can wish.

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
Preparing for job interviews for new jobs and preparing to sell off my iPad Pro 2017 (but not actually doing it yet unless a good enough deal comes by) :)

The sun still rises from the east, life still goes on

Techwatcher

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
NYC
General but massive decluttering. Selling lots of things on eBay. Potentially selling my Late 2013 MacBook Pro as well since I use it like once a month these days. I built a pretty powerful Windows desktop that I use every day so I can definitely survive off that and this new iPad Pro alone.

Going to head to the Apple Store next week for some accessories like the Apple Pencil 2. Might wait for a 3rd party keyboard cover since I want a backlight (I’ll never understand why Apple is allergic to just adding a backlight, lol).

I think iOS 13 is going to really show the direction Apple is heading in for mobile computers. As much as we all want macOS on iPads in some shape or form, I think Apple has other plans up its sleeve. iOS is already gaining traction much faster than macOS these days, especially with app development. And with the addition of USB-C, I’m finally comfortable enough to not have a personal laptop anymore.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
I have switched round my working from home day from Thursday to Wednesday.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to clear my meetings :-D

Tinototem

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2010
Sweden
1) Finding interesting games i want to try out. So far Xcom, shareville, Assassin's Creed Rebellion
2) Buying USB-C to Ethernet adapter
3) Buying USB-C to HDMI cable
4) Backing up my iPad, and making sure not not install any new beta updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.