What are you doing to keep the crooks....

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nychot, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

From stealing your shiny new mba since apple didnt include a kensington lock? How ######g cheap is that?

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Not leaving it in the middle of nowhere with total strangers around...

3. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Missed this thread on the same topic? Easy to do, buried half way down the first page and all.

4. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

One thing u can do is lock it in a drawer when ur not using it or hide it between stacks of papers. That way you can step outsude without having to carry it.

5. Crooks macrumors regular

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I carry mine in a case that doesn't scream "Laptop" inside. When in Airports (a frequent occasion) I never leave it unattended, the same thing I practice everywhere, and as such I never have a problem.

If I'm using someone else's desk while out and about and need to step away for a moment, I simply close it, slip it in it's sleeve and carry it with me.

That's the beauty of the exemplary way MBA's go to sleep so fast.

It's as easy as that :)

http://sfbags.com/products/laptopsuedejacket/laptopsuedejacket.htm

7. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

This thread made me think about the time (last week) I walked into an Apple store, and a guy had just purchased a MBP, and then left it unattended on the table behind him, while obliviously playing with his iToy (aka iPhone) lol. He was so engrossed into the phone, anyone could've taken that MBP from right under his nose and he would not have even realized. Me, I guard my purchases and don't take my eye or hand off of them, not even for a split second.