What are you guys thinking about the reviews on the iP6/iP6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nate., Sep 17, 2014.

1. Nate. macrumors regular

Nate.

Anyone else been checking out reviews of the phones ahead of time, of course you have.

I checked out the Verge review of both and the New York Times review. I don't regret buying the Plus, at all, actually. I noticed there was a bit of buyer's remorse for some people... before the phones are even out, which is a shame. I'm fairly sure I'll be a happy camper with the 6+, if playing around with an LG G3 at Best Buy didn't prove to me that the screen size wasn't too bad, seeing the actual phone in someone's hands was.

Anyone else pretty solid with their decision? The only thing bugging me is my delivery date at this point. :rolleyes:

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

The reviews make me want my 6+ even more!
    The people wanting to change now because of the reviews is slightly sad and pathetic to be honest.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I agree. I'm disappointed in the lack of thoroughness. Did Anantech put theirs out yet? That used to be the gold standard.

4. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

Just know while the LG G3 has the same screen size has the iphone 6+ but it is significantly smaller.

With that said, no one should be changing their minds with reviews out there, people should buy the one they want and if they don't end up liking it, exchange it.

5. akhilleus macrumors member

I haven't been checking out any reviews yet but I've been seeing tweets about it on my feed throughout the day. Have they been solely reviews or anyone doing any official unboxing videos or hands-on demonstrations? I keep finding fake ones on youtube.

6. Nate. thread starter macrumors regular

Nate.

Yup yup. That's what I've been hearing, and I took a print out of the 6+ with me and compared it so I know what I'm getting.

Like a lot of other people are saying, if anything, the reviews are making me more and more psyched for my phone to get here! :D:D

7. phositadc macrumors 6502

This x1000.

Oh if only the 6+ were the same size as the G3!

8. Nate. thread starter macrumors regular

Nate.

I don't think they've put one up yet. They put up their iOS8 review though, So maybe soon?

9. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

My opinion on the two:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19703043&postcount=44

10. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Not significantly smaller, the G3 is the same width. And it's comfortable to handle, even in a case.

11. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

With so many reviews coming out at the same time it really is hard to read them all. Anyhow, from what I've read so far, the only negative that I've taken any from them is that they are put off by the size of the iPhone Plus screen. This to me is not a negative as that is the way Apple invented it to be and the reason why we as customers have choices. I'm still happy with my decision to get the 6 Plus and can't wait till it arrives at my door.

12. Nate. thread starter macrumors regular

Nate.

I don't really understand that. I feel with the huge range of phones, some even bigger than the +, people have to expect that a 5.5" phone called the "iPhone +" would be pretty big.