What are you guys using 3G Unrestrictor with?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tnisatard, May 15, 2010.

1. tnisatard macrumors 6502

I just downloaded this app because sometimes I wanted the option to download apps over 20MB from the app store, then I realized i could do more with this, like pair YouTube with the unrestrictor to get higher quality video (video over 3G SUCKS), and im wondering what else am I missing!

so here are the apps I am using, what potential do other apps + unrestrictor have :eek:

-app store (to download apps over 20MB)
    -YouTube (high quality video)
    -FaceBook (it doesnt load blurry images)

2. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Playing games online that require wi-fi, like NOVA, and youtube of course :)

I never tried it on facebook, but thanks for that info.

3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

4. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I used to use it with SlingPlayer, but it's not necessary anymore. I left it on because there was nothing wrong with it but I don't think there's any benefit other than peace of mind.

For YouTube it's essential. Just remember to add Safari to the list as well or else YouTube links that open in Safari over 3G are lower quality.

Also, iTunes. You can download much larger files without needing to be on WiFi.

5. No ice please macrumors 6502

I've never even used it. To much EDGE where I live.

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I couldnt get it to work with NOVA....anything special u did??

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I think I have only used it with iTunes. I don't use YouTube or any other apps that could use it. I like being able to download TV shows or other large videos and music.

9. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Can't believe no one has mentioned the BEST USE of 3G Unristirctor which is of course SKYPE!!!

I use it while I'm Mountain Biking in a park (trails) I call a friend all the way in Eastern Europe...Crystal clear sound, (basically free/Data charge of course) while I'm on my bike. Skype + 3G Unristirctor best thing since a slice of bread + a toaster.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think I only use it with iTunes, so that I can download podcasts from my car. For me it was worth the price just for that.

11. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Yeah it didn't work at first, but then I just enabled isdirect flag to the Nova app(where the list of all your selected unrestricted apps are) and it worked perfect.

12. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

FYI Fring now allows calls over 3G natively.

13. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I've tried this a few times and it sounded terrible for me—and if I am driving I have to plug in my headphones because BT doesn't work with it. At least you got it working.

14. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

My uses:

SiriusXM
    YouTube
    Safari (now, thank you for the tip, Baggy Spandex!!)

15. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

I tried Fring, and it was unusable, sound quality was terrible, and there was literally a good 4-5 seconds delay. I would not recommend it at all ( At least from my experience) This was between an iPhone to an iPhone Fring conversation (without using the 3G unristirctor) from Toronto to NYC (Rogers to AT&T) both on the 3G network, right after we hung up and used Skype and sound was crystal clear.

That's right Bluetooth Doesn't work with Skype or with Fring or any similar apps. But while I'm mountain biking, I cannot rely on a bluetooth piece dangling off my ear, I use stock blackberry earphones. I find them to be the most reliable, also with good sound quality (for talk and music) much better than the iPhone stock earphones.

Of course there are probably much better aftermarket iPhone earbuds (headphones etc.) but I got these Blackberry earphones from my cousin who never thought she'll have a need for them, and I haven't looked elsewhere since.

As far as Skype's sound quality, it sounds crystal clear to me, you have to remember the sound quality of a Skype conversation very much depends on the connection and the setup of both parties. if you are calling a person on their desktop or laptop Skype. it's best that they at least have their headphones on too, once you start hearing (feedback) your own voice on the other end, quality is effected greatly.