Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
I was told to try these guys so for its a bit meh but this my fav track so far.

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 434

chewbaccacabra

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
The Bird And The Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future

heard on NPR today and downloaded when I got home.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Must admit that I rather liked the original thread, and, as some other posters have pointed out, it was a very useful way of learning about (or being directed to) new and unheard music.

To the point then; just now, I am listening to some Azymuth, an amazing Brazilian band from the sixties, (a few years ago, I saw them play live, in a jazz club, an incredible experience) who combined lounge jazz, south American rhythms, and oozed cool. When I saw them, the three musicians were well into their sixties and still complete masters of their music. Try "Jazz Carnival" and "Last Summer in Rio"; "Pieces of Ipanema" is possibly their best known song.

Cheers and good luck

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
the new neko case....

Duff-Man says...I played that for the first time last night and thought it was exceptionally good - I rather liked her version of the Sparks tune "never turn your back on mother earth."

Right now I am playing "It's Cloudy Now" by Aviv Geffen & the Mistakes. He's an Israeli artist and his albums are all sung in Hebrew. Best known outside of Israel for his work with Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) in Blackfield, he's got his first English language solo album coming out soon, produced by Trevor Horn and featuring Mike Garson on piano (who has played with Bowie off and on since the early 70's)....oh yeah!

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
What I will be listening to for the next 3:00 minutes.

Attachments

• Sequence-3 7 09-11 00 PM.jpg
    Sequence-3 7 09-11 00 PM.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.