What are you spending your gift card on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by silverf1re, Jul 9, 2013.

1. silverf1re macrumors regular

Any essential apps that a renewed mac user should know about?

2. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

Please note that your question has nothing to do with MacBook Airs. I'd suggest posting it in Mac Applications and Mac App Store.

3. perry8912 macrumors newbie

Can I sell it?

4. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Why not? You can sell anything, including your soul!

5. Ifti macrumors 68000

Yes you can. Anyone can redeem the gift card - it doesn't matter that it was given to you.

I'll be selling mine in the next few days. I already have around £160 in credit so I really dont need any extra credit!! I had £180 last year, so haven't used much! Will spend a little on Mavericks, but to be honest I already have all the apps I need for now.

6. irDigital0l Guest

So far I only bought iWork...but apparently its going free so I'm a little bit sad.

Trying out the Pixelmator trail, might buy the full app later.

Saving $20 for Mavericks unless its free.

7. ronton macrumors newbie

When is iWork going to be free? :eek:

8. irDigital0l Guest

Maybe this fall? There was an article on MacRumors earlier today, I suggest you go take a look at it.

It didn't mention iWork for OS X being free but it seems iWork and iLife for iOS will be free which would only make sense for OS X to also be free too. Plus Apple is doing all the iWork in the Cloud thing.

9. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

That's a bit of a stretch. iWork has limited uses (just like all productivity office software) on a tablet. That's why it will be free because it is limited. I doubt (but could be wrong) that iWork for OSX will be free since that's where most of the production will be. On top of that, it is also much more powerful than the stripped down version in iOS. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but generally I only use iOS versions of software to display what I have done previously in my desktop versions. Rarely do I create with my iPad. As a presentation tool my iPad rules, but not as a production tool.

Edit: And as pointed out already, this is in the wrong forum.