Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

letsgorangers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
TN
It took many years of my mother telling me how much a positive attitude matters before I finally got it. During periods when I'm feeling down, I like to think about what I'm thankful for because it makes me realize that things aren't so bad and it humbles me. It helps keep me grounded.

I'll start it off:

-My parents (yup, they do so much for me in so many ways - my mom is a wealth of sage advice)
-My best friend who, though married, finds time every day to talk to me
-Every oncologist to ever exist, but especially the one that removed the cancer that could have robbed me of a father when I was just a baby
-St. Jude Research Hospital for teaching sick children how to smile and hope, for their employees who dedicate their lives to curing cancer
-My cat

Your turn.

PS: To add on, should we edit our initial posts or make new posts?

aprilgrey34

macrumors member
May 7, 2007
CT
I am grateful for...

- my husband who is my best friend
- my dog and my cat who give me unconditional love and loyalty and who sleep with me every night (oh yeah, my husband does too)
- my education and that I had the opportunity to get such a good education
- my career which has been my dream career since I was very young
- my actual job with its great colleagues, learning opportunities, benefits, and salary which allows me to go on
- awesome vacations with my husband

... in no particular order.
There are many, many more things for which I am grateful, but these are the first to come to mind.

Dude. I can't believe this post hasn't had more responses. Maybe I'm cynical, but I bet if this post were called "What do you hate about your life," people wouldn't be able to type fast enough to list all of their complaints. Ya think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.