What are you thoughts on the ECG features for those that have it?

richard371

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Seems to work as advertised. Only caveat is that you should be sitting perfectly still or it goes all over the place which is normal since we use electrical impulses to move our muscles and that could interfere.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Seems neat so far. As far as I can
tell I would guess I’m in sinus rhythm and it sees it so far. Hopefully I won’t ever have a situation where it reads differently.

How many ECGs have you taken so far?

Rukpad

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2013
Having issue woth the app. Won’t change from “to set up ecg app open health on iPhone”. I have restarted both devices a few times no luck. Anyone else have this problem?

richard371

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I've taken a few. You really have to sit and be still. No standing or moving or you will get inconclusive due to poor reading. I guess this is normal for EKG readings. Not something to use while on the treadmill lol.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I've taken a few. You really have to sit and be still. No standing or moving or you will get inconclusive due to poor reading. I guess this is normal for EKG readings. Not something to use while on the treadmill lol.
Yes. Even in a doc office...if you move at all it messes up the reading.
[doublepost=1544129288][/doublepost]
Having issue woth the app. Won’t change from “to set up ecg app open health on iPhone”. I have restarted both devices a few times no luck. Anyone else have this problem?
I didn’t have that issue. Maybe unpair and repair?

JPGR_Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2003
St. Louis
No readings on first two attempts: pulse rate was below 50 (not unexpected). Stood up and walked around and the third time worked: Sinus. Can't wait to show off to my MD.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Well I saw that I have a sinus rhythm but my t-waves are inverted. Will inquire with my pcp, but I don’t think there’s any cause for alarm...yet. :eek:

Overall a great medical/tech savvy feature to have at your dispense. Conducting a session was seamless and setup was a breeze.

Reactions: matrix07

hull22

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well I saw that I have a sinus rhythm but my t-waves are inverted. Will inquire with my pcp, but I don’t think there’s any cause for alarm...yet. :eek:

Overall a great medical/tech savvy feature to have at your dispense. Conducting a session was seamless and setup was a breeze.
Great, getting ready for more healthcare dollars wasted on perfect healthy people.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I'm having a problem getting it set up. AW4. Just updated the watch to 5.1.2 and the phone is 12.1.1. I go into the Watch app then scroll down to Heart. The only things I see are high heart rate, low heart rate and notification grouping. I don't see anything about setting up the ECG app.

hull22

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm having a problem getting it set up. AW4. Just updated the watch to 5.1.2 and the phone is 12.1.1. I go into the Watch app then scroll down to Heart. The only things I see are high heart rate, low heart rate and notification grouping. I don't see anything about setting up the ECG app.
It's set up on the Health phone app. The watch app has nothing.

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
I've looked all of the Health phone app. I don't see anything.
Are you going to the ‘EKG’ app on your watch? That should trigger the set up under the Health app on the phone. The ‘EKG’ app is a specific app separate from the normal ‘Heart’ app.

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
I think one thing most folks will want to set up, but isn’t initially user-facing to set up, is AFib alerts. That way it looks for such a thing periodically in the background and alerts you if it ever detects signs of AFib. Otherwise you’ll never get an alert if it doesn’t detect any signs. Let the watch serve it’s purpose and monitor your heart health for you.

I had to set this up manually myself under ‘Heart’ in the iPhone’s Watch app.

Reactions: matrix07

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018

Make sure you have the Watch orientation (General->Watch Orientation) right depending on what hand you're wearing it on.

Reactions: CaptMarvel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.