What are you using to carry/protect your 12" Powerbook G4 ?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lastic, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Lastic macrumors 6502

Since swapping my MBA 11" for a Powerbook G4 12" , it has now become my companion on my daily commute to work and back with the train.

However finding a perfect fitting solution to transport it , hasn't been easy so far.

I'm a big fan of Incase, somehow they seem to make the perfect laptop bag for my use, shoulder strap, just enough space, not too bulky , cushioned compartment for the laptop and just enough pockets to store cables, power adapter, a pen, etc ....

Currently I'm still using my Incase Slim Sling MBA 13" bag which does kind of protect the Powerbook, get my lunchbox in there , power adapter and cables up front and only be about twice the width of the Powerbook.
    ( crucial in tight train seats ).

IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2627.JPG IMG_2629.JPG

I found an Incase Slim Sleeve specifically for a 12" Powerbook on Ebay UK for 3 £ :) with shoulder strap, a tight fit but the pockets are unusable , trying to get a power-adaptor in there really stretches it and I'll have to go on a diet since my already flat lunchbox doesn't fit nowhere :)

IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2630.JPG IMG_2632.JPG IMG_2634.JPG

Last but not least , the Tucano Second Skin sleeve I found a while ago, also specific for a Powerbook G4 12"
    , good option but I prefer to have a bag from which I can easily get/put back my laptop .

IMG_2636.JPG

What does everybody else here use ?

Attached Files:

2. Anonymous Freak, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

My 12" PBG4 isn't my "daily driver" any more, but when it was, I used an old Eagle Creek bag that was the absolute perfect size for the 12" PGB4. When I get home, I'll get a picture. No laptop before or since has fit as perfectly.

Edit: Here you go! It's a model of bag they haven't made in over a decade (since Eagle Creek was bought out,) but I won't give it up! I just wish my 13" Aluminum MacBook fit as nicely. (The MacBook fits if I remove the foam "bumpers", but that gets rid of lots of the protection. I had the bag knocked out of my hands once during an attempted robbery, and the PowerBook pictured came through with only a small dent in the front right corner.)

IMG_2429.jpg IMG_2430.jpg IMG_2431.jpg IMG_2433.jpg

3. bobesch, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016

bobesch macrumors 6502a

bobesch

My EP (Elli Pirelli) or so ... bag I've got 2nd hand and it's really my favourite for 12" iBook/Powerbook and 13" MB2008alu. The books fit in vertically and there's a perfect upholstery to protect them from bumps, when unattendently dropping the bag down to the floor by mistake... (I'm happy all the books carry an SSD :) )
    ElliPirelli.JPG
    I just like it! :)