What Are You Waiting For?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by indiecraig, May 9, 2009.

  1. indiecraig macrumors member

    Jan 25, 2008
    I had an idea for an interesting thread. We will all upgrade our Macs eventually. I've been wanting to upgrade since the Unibody Macbooks were released, but there has always been a few things holding me back. Things that are almost certainly going to make it into the Macbooks eventually, but nobody knows for sure when.

    So here's the question: You want to upgrade your Mac, but what are you waiting for?

    I'll get us started:


    I'm currently using:
    Model: Late '07 white 13" Macbook with Superdrive
    Speed: 2.2GHz
    RAM: 4GB RAM
    HDD: 320GB @ 7200rpm
    Graphics: Intel X3100
    OS: Leopard 10.5.6

    I want to upgrade to:
    A 15" Macbook Pro

    I'm waiting for:
    Integrated battery, as currently in the 17" Macbook Pro
    Integrated 3G
    8GB RAM compatibility

    I would like:
    Snow Leopard
    An affordable 256GB SSD option (BTO or self installed)

    I would like it by:
    The end of the year

    $2500 / £1500


    Is anybody else holding onto their cash until Apple gives them what they want? What do you think about the feasibility of my dream MBP ever being made? And in what sort of time frame? Any input is appreciated.
  2. Liam8 macrumors 6502


    Mar 15, 2009
    I have decided not to wait anymore...

    I ordered a Aluminum MacBook and it will be in on Thursday...

    But I can't wait to get Snow Leopard either...:D
  3. BayouBengal macrumors regular

    Oct 29, 2008
    I got one the 2.4ghz Unibody MacBook a couple weeks after they came out so my upgrade will be a while in the making. In the meantime I will eventually up the RAM to 4GB and throw in a bigger HDD to tide me over. Next time around it will be a MacBook Pro though. Probably 2010 at the earliest unless something rockstar awesome comes along in the meantime. Right now the MB is more than suiting to my needs.
  4. stridemat Moderator


    Staff Member

    Apr 2, 2008
    My next upgrade would hopefully be a multi-touch netbook type device, hopefully at WWDC........:rolleyes:

    If not then I would upgrade to a 15" macbook pro once snow leopard has become more stable.

Share This Page