What are your Apple watch use cases

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by johnalan, May 12, 2015.

1. johnalan macrumors regular

Just wondering what people are getting most out of the watch.

For me:

Never missing notifications is great, even less important ones like stackoverflow comments etc.

Being able to take calls when preparing food is cool!

The Forza app means you get football updates as the games are being played which is really cool

What are the killer features for you that you'd miss if the watch was gone?

2. FilmIndustryGuy macrumors member

I use it at the gym with bluetooth headphones. Quick data input when lifting and quick song changes. No need for arm strap squeezing arm.

Quick schedule glances and alerts without phone distraction.

Glancing at incoming texts and emails that have no importance and can be left alone.

Doing things like controlling lights with Phillips hue while in bed with a new girl and need to set the mood.

Glancing at watch instead of phone when around work people environment so that it doesn't look like im plying with phone.

As a single guy who dates and has different women in bed, I often leave phone in a different room and it gets annoying when i can hear incoming texts and can't get to them because I'm busy in bed. Also I don't like taking phone out on dates.

The watch has in a way eliminated the annoyances of the phone. I don't tweet, Facebook or instagram. Youtube and news on the go leads to a lot of spare time wasted for me.

Thats pretty much it. If the watch evolves into a cooler gadget, I won't care as it already does all that I do and if it did more Id be distracted again.

3. johnalan thread starter macrumors regular

Agree about work environment! - also great on my runs...

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Couple of questions (don't have my watch yet)

Can you use Hey Siri to answer phone calls and respond to texts? For times when your hands are free.

Also, I'm a bit curious how often you respond to notifications on your watch vs getting your phone out. Because notifications on my wrist sounds awesome, but then again I can also imagine checking my wrist for every call/text, but then still getting my phone out 90% of the time, because that's easier (and frankly what I'm used to).

----------

These almost sound like jokes.

Scenario 1: Things are heating up in the bedroom. Time to set the mood. Err.... hold on, let me awkwardly hold up my wrist, open the app, loading... loading... loading... hold on, babe I gotta dim the lights. Ok here we go. BAM. Ready for the sexy time!

Scenario 2: Sexy time has begun. Oh what's this, a text message? Lemme check my watch to see what this is. Whisper into your wrist "Sorry baby, can't talk now. Call you in 30 seconds"

5. flur macrumors 68000

Dude. If you're getting it on in bed and are distracted by text pings from another room, either you're doing it wrong, or you're doing it with the wrong women.

6. FilmIndustryGuy macrumors member

LOL yea but its true. I have these wifi LED lights all setup in bedroom and led strips under the bed. When I have a girl over and things heat up I switch everything to dim red. It can't be red when someone is entering my bedroom for first time because thats a red flag. It kinda has to happen out of the blue a things heat up. I know it sounds funny but it works. Also I have a projector setup above bed so I like to change the lighting scenario. Also different guy friends have seen my room and have since copied my design. I do like to be able to glimpse at who's texting me as other things are happening.

7. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Silence the phone while it's in my pocket and keep up with my connected life more efficiently than ever. I failed to charge my watch one night and man, what a pain (have enabled so many notifications now that I have the watch that I'd disabled in the past).

8. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

Functionality of the watch will vary from person to person, some might love the activity tracking, others might not use it; some will love the hands free siri feature, others might hate it and have no use for it/disable it

So it will vary. For me, I don't use the activity tracker for personal reasons and I kinda just want to do my thing at the gym and when exercising without having to worry about my calorie burn or anything...more casual for me :) I really like managing notifications as I do get a lot of them as well as the hands free siri as I do drive a lot and its much safer this way....plus it works very well for me unlike what I've heard from others

----------

Functionality of the watch will vary from person to person, some might love the activity tracking, others might not use it; some will love the hands free siri feature, others might hate it and have no use for it/disable it

So it will vary. For me, I don't use the activity tracker for personal reasons and I kinda just want to do my thing at the gym and when exercising without having to worry about my calorie burn or anything...more casual for me :) I really like managing notifications as I do get a lot of them as well as the hands free siri as I do drive a lot and its much safer this way....plus it works very well for me unlike what I've heard from others