What are your expectations for iWork '10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, Aug 3, 2009.

1. celticpride678

What are your expectations for iWork '10

What do you think will be new, improved or changed?

Post your thoughts about Apple's productivity suite!

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping Office support will be improved. It works, just not very well.
    Quite honestly, I'm still happy with '08 and I don't plan on upgrading for a while. Maybe '12. :p

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I'd like to see general speed increases all around. It seems Pages takes too long to load. I have a Numbers spreadsheet that can crawl as I switch from sheet to sheet. Hiding a lengthy column can be beastly.

I'd like the ability to lock formulas, so they can't be changed by accident. I'd like to be able to drag and drop tables between sheets. I'd like a larger point size (optional, of course) for the formula bar.

I'd also like to see iWork add painting/drawing and database modules, on a par with what Apple/ClarisWorks used to have. I don't need much with either, but a little can go a long way.

mt

4. UKPirate macrumors newbie

Now that they're heading in the direction of supporting academics by introducing endnote support, I'd like to see more movement in that direction. Figure numbering, table numbering, list numbering, list of these things like a table of contents, cross linking references in the text.

I'd also like to see Numbers get more compatibility with unusual file types like tab delimited text files. Currently I have to copy and paste these in and out of a text editor to get them to work. Generally, the improvements from Numbers 1.0 to Numbers 2.0 have been impressive, but I expect to see vast improvements again in Numbers 3.0.

Keynote is brilliant the way it is. It trounces PowerPoint on nearly every level. I would like to see more support for flow diagrams and connectivity between objects like you get in PowerPoint however.

These would make a killer suite of applications - something we nearly have - I use iWork over Office whenever it's capable (which is rarely when comparing Numbers to Excel but I never use Word or PowerPoint any more).