What are your expectations of leopard???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rhys105, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

I dont know why, but i have a feeling that leopard is going to be a bit of a dissapointment. Maybe its because we're all so excited about it that were setting ourselves up for a dissapointment?
    I'm not disagreeing that time machine etc will be very useful apps i just think that the OS in general will not be what we expect.

what are your expectations? :confused:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Stacks will help me. Screen sharing will help me (I use LogMeIn now, and while it is good, it is slow for those with worse connections). Having a translucent menubar will be nice. Quick Look will help me (although I am now loving Leap). Mail's activity monitor will be nice. A stable Safari 3 will be nice. Grammar check will be helpful. Core Animation promises to make apps awesome...overall its looking like a pretty solid update...

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I'm expecting an OS with a couple of new features that I could really use, nothing more.

Now that we've reached the halfway point of OS X (assuming they don't do a version 10.10), I think the idea that every new version will be completely revolutionary is long gone. It is still OS X after all, just with some improved guts and a shiny new paint job.

At this point, every update is going to be a subjective decision. If it doesn't have anything new you need that Tiger doesn't already have, there's no reason not to just stick with it for a while longer.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't agree...I think multi-touch will revolutionize OSX in the next few years...

5. rhys105 thread starter macrumors regular

rhys105

.......I hope so :)

6. antibact1 macrumors 6502

All I expect is that Safari will be snappier. Other than that, anything else is a bonus.

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

LogMeIn works on Macs????

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes, it works very well :)

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

my expectations? well i'm looking forward to stacks, spaces, and the new finder to start. and a more unified UI is great too.
    screen sharing should be super helpful for me as well.

don't have your hopes too high and they can't be crushed. :p

10. Spike099 macrumors regular

Finder mounts drives as a separate task!!! And the finder in general I am really looking forward to with cover flow and quick look.

11. Queso macrumors G4

A further refinement of what Tiger was, and more consistency in the way things work in the GUI.

The extra security features will also be great providing they work as advertised :p

12. iBunny macrumors 65816

My Expectations for Leopard are to run faster and smoother on my Core 2 Duo Intel Machine than Tiger does.

I also want my GUI to be "Faster" - I want to resize windows as fast as they do in "Windows"

13. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Seeing as how this will be the first time in my life that I am going to pay for an OS my expectations are pretty high.

14. jwt macrumors 6502

Considering that Leopard requires 9 GB of storage, I expect it to be bloatware. Apps like Preview and Dashboard (if that's considered an app) are doing more than they are supposed to, and in my mind, only for the sake of calling it an upgrade. I also don't particularly like the translucent menu bar, nor the blue folder icons--depressing. I just seems that this iteration of OS X will have a much higher overhead and make my G4 seem more dated than it is, whereas previous iterations boosted speed at each step. Time Machine is nice, but otherwise Leopard doesn't provide any addition functionality that I would use (except Macroesque Automator actions (ability to record actions)); so I'll probably stay with Tiger for a while, since it's been a great OS.