What are your favorite 3rd party complications?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eliehass, Mar 6, 2016.

1. eliehass macrumors regular

One of my favorite features of the Apple Watch is being able to see al kinds of useful data at a glance, just by looking at the watch face. I'm always looking for new and interesting watch face complications and wanted to know if anyone had some interesting 3rd party ones that they use all the time and find useful.

2. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Things, to show my remaining todos for the day.

Lose It, to display my remaining calories for the day

Carrot Weather, to show the temperature and a picture of the conditions.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Check out this running list of 3rd party complications.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/3lukn9/list_of_native_watchos_2_apps_and_complications/

4. azfalcons, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

I had the lose it app but when I when add a complication it's just blank and shows nothing. Also the app seems to take forever to load. I have lifesum now and it's the same thing. So the complications not work on the watch?

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

6. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Dark Sky.

I just paid for a personal assistant app and THEN found out it had to complication :(

7. PackyP macrumors member

PackyP

My favorite is Stepcard. You can have it show steps taken, percentage of your goal, or a combination of the two.

8. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

Doesnt the health app measure steps taken throughout the day as well?

9. PackyP, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016

PackyP macrumors member

PackyP

It does, but you can't display the steps directly on the face using the health and/or activity app. StepCard reads the step data from the watch/phone health app and displays it right on the face.

Attached Files:

10. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

• Fantastical Calendar
    • Carrot Weather
    • Streaks (habit tracking)
    • Things
    • Lose It (Which I should be using at the moment, but I'm not)
    Fantastical Calendar and Carrot Weather are pretty much always complications I have set, and both of these apps offer some great options for what to display on small and large complications. Things is not my favorite task manager (that title currently goes to Swipes), but it used to be my favorite. The fact that it offers a complication made me take another look. It's a solid task manager, and the complication is great if you are good about keeping your list of items to do Today reasonably short.

I usually have the Activity Rings set as a complication, and also frequently the timer, but those aren't third party ;)

Sean
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2016 ---
    I haven't tried Lifesum, but the Lose-it complication and app work fine on my watch. If you haven't tried in a long time, give it a try using the latest Watch OS and the latest Lose-It app. Restart your watch and your iPhone if you're still having problems.

11. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

I redid loaded it and nothing. I restarted my watch and phone and on "glances" or just hitting the app from the watch it just spins around then goes back to the watch face

12. eliehass thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'm trying out Carrot Weather now based on all of your recommendations, and so far I like it! I'm also trying Forecast Bar. They are both good weather complications, but I'll have to settle one one soon...

13. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

If you sign up for the Carrot Weather beta you'll be able see what other goodies the dev has planned for a future release.