What are your favorite features of aluminum macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Aven SkyGazer, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Aven SkyGazer macrumors regular

I personally LOVE the new trackpad, specifically, the feature that triggers the expose when you use 4 fingers and pan down. the 4 finger pan is by far my favorite at this point.

What else have you guys discovered? I got the 2.0, so no fancy keys.

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

No one thing. Everything just comes together beautifully.

I did fire up my old 12" Powerbook though and forgot just how PERFECT that machine was. The Macbook is close, but the Powerbook still has the edge. I know, I know, I need to get over it...

3. ryanfong macrumors member

Trackpad & illuminated keyborad...

But ultimately, the most attractive feature is the system..

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

aluminum and solid feel, trackpad and light up keyboard. I am in the dark right now typing this and the keyboard looks great

5. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I love how the case is all one piece and so solid. It is thin and looks really nice.

6. Your5335 macrumors member

My favorite feature of the MacBook is the sexyness of the computer, I personally love the color scheme Apple went with the MacBook. Also I love the light up keyboard and the glossy LCD display which to me looks bigger than a 13 inch screen.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I would have to agree with the the previous poster. Pure sexyness. That and the trackpad. And the speed boost since im coming from a G5.

8. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I love the aluminum look. The MacBook is a sexy notebook. Everytime I close the lid, I admire its beauty. Several friends and a few strangers (in a coffee shop) have commented on it.

Other than that, I love the new trackpad.

9. hmai18 macrumors 6502

The fact that it doesn't flex or creak when I pick it up.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'll second the sexy look!!! :)
    Besides the build itself, i LOVE the trackpad as well. the sheer size and ease of use is amazing! :eek:

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The trackpad and the screen's brightness. When I open up my G4 iBook, I can't believe how low brightness/contrast that panel is :eek:

12. mbleopard macrumors regular

The aluminum construction is nice, the huge track pad and multitouch is amazing, but the biggest thing is the OS. I could not stand Vista anymore

13. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Everything is so awesome, I can't just say one thing...

The backlit keyboard is gorgeous and so useful.
    At first I through that the multi-touch track pad was gimmick, But I use all the time. It's so awesome and functional, I don't even need a mouse. I'm happy with it alone, except for games :p
    How it look. Just plain love it.

14. Aven SkyGazer thread starter macrumors regular

Yes yes yes. I love the fact that it doesn't creak and click like my old white macbook when I open the lid. SO fluid, no sounds at all when I open it up.

I also admire it when I close the lid. It looks like a fine cut diamond.

The sssssssst sound it makes when I run my fingers on the frame is unmatchable.

15. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

Track pad and love the fact the keys light up :)

16. youssefm macrumors 6502

Well this is my first mac in sooo long (i had the bondi blue iMac g3) and i just migrated from a hp laptop... this is just perfect in every way.. i love the trackpad and gestures, osx and the portability of it

17. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Love the new trackpad, gestures, and keyboard. I'm a desktop guy and this is my first lappy - as a 2nd machine - still have an iMac. But I really like it. The unibody is fantastic. Had a G4 tower back in the day and bought an iMac only when they went aluminum, same now with the MacBook. I also really like the black framing around the screen.

18. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I dont own one yet.... but I really like the new 3.5mm jack gestures!

19. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

It's faster/lighter and has more Pro feel then the old white one I had.

If the MB wouldn't been like a small Pro design wise I woulda gone with the Pro, so I saved alot now ;)

20. me2000 macrumors 6502

The trackpad is such a pleasure to use. It's so smooth, the texture is just perfect. It's a PAIN using my Dell's trackpad.. it's just paint on plastic.. blegh.

The fact that it's so small, thin, and light is also a big plus. The unibody design makes this thing STRONG. It's great.

21. leman macrumors 604

I like the weight, the size, the look, the feel, new speakers, the backlit display and the keyboard. Oh, did I mention the look already? And of course the 9400M, I can finally program and play!

22. thetinman macrumors member

thetinman

I've got to mention the screen, but more specifically the vibrant LED lit screen. You really notice it when using the old iBook G4.

23. Gene Parmesan macrumors newbie

Besides the awesome lightweight aluminum material, fantastic GPU, broad front side bus, and beautiful bright 9c89* glossy screen, the track-pad is my favourite feature because of how new and innovative it is.
    I was just using my old Dell laptop and I tried clicking & swiping and I got frustrated because it wouldn't do what I wanted it to.

24. Ryffie macrumors member

+
    1. The trackpad
    2. The OS
    3. The rigid build

-
    1. The screen (viewing angle and blacks)
    2. That's it!

25. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

The light, thin, unibody, aluminum case
    The trackpad
    The screen
    The OS
    And just the fact that I'm no longer on a Windoze machine