Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aven SkyGazer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I personally LOVE the new trackpad, specifically, the feature that triggers the expose when you use 4 fingers and pan down. the 4 finger pan is by far my favorite at this point.

What else have you guys discovered? I got the 2.0, so no fancy keys.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
No one thing. Everything just comes together beautifully.

I did fire up my old 12" Powerbook though and forgot just how PERFECT that machine was. The Macbook is close, but the Powerbook still has the edge. I know, I know, I need to get over it...

ryanfong

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Trackpad & illuminated keyborad...

But ultimately, the most attractive feature is the system..

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
aluminum and solid feel, trackpad and light up keyboard. I am in the dark right now typing this and the keyboard looks great

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2006
I love how the case is all one piece and so solid. It is thin and looks really nice.

Your5335

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2008
My favorite feature of the MacBook is the sexyness of the computer, I personally love the color scheme Apple went with the MacBook. Also I love the light up keyboard and the glossy LCD display which to me looks bigger than a 13 inch screen.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I would have to agree with the the previous poster. Pure sexyness. That and the trackpad. And the speed boost since im coming from a G5.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
I love the aluminum look. The MacBook is a sexy notebook. Everytime I close the lid, I admire its beauty. Several friends and a few strangers (in a coffee shop) have commented on it.

Other than that, I love the new trackpad.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I love the aluminum look. The MacBook is a sexy notebook. Everytime I close the lid, I admire its beauty. Several friends and a few strangers (in a coffee shop) have commented on it.

Other than that, I love the new trackpad.

I'll second the sexy look!!! :)
Besides the build itself, i LOVE the trackpad as well. the sheer size and ease of use is amazing! :eek:

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
The trackpad and the screen's brightness. When I open up my G4 iBook, I can't believe how low brightness/contrast that panel is :eek:

mbleopard

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
The aluminum construction is nice, the huge track pad and multitouch is amazing, but the biggest thing is the OS. I could not stand Vista anymore

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
Everything is so awesome, I can't just say one thing...

The backlit keyboard is gorgeous and so useful.
At first I through that the multi-touch track pad was gimmick, But I use all the time. It's so awesome and functional, I don't even need a mouse. I'm happy with it alone, except for games :p
How it look. Just plain love it.

Aven SkyGazer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Yes yes yes. I love the fact that it doesn't creak and click like my old white macbook when I open the lid. SO fluid, no sounds at all when I open it up.

I also admire it when I close the lid. It looks like a fine cut diamond.

The sssssssst sound it makes when I run my fingers on the frame is unmatchable.

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Well this is my first mac in sooo long (i had the bondi blue iMac g3) and i just migrated from a hp laptop... this is just perfect in every way.. i love the trackpad and gestures, osx and the portability of it

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Trackpad & illuminated keyborad...

But ultimately, the most attractive feature is the system..

Love the new trackpad, gestures, and keyboard. I'm a desktop guy and this is my first lappy - as a 2nd machine - still have an iMac. But I really like it. The unibody is fantastic. Had a G4 tower back in the day and bought an iMac only when they went aluminum, same now with the MacBook. I also really like the black framing around the screen.

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
It's faster/lighter and has more Pro feel then the old white one I had.

If the MB wouldn't been like a small Pro design wise I woulda gone with the Pro, so I saved alot now ;)

me2000

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
The trackpad is such a pleasure to use. It's so smooth, the texture is just perfect. It's a PAIN using my Dell's trackpad.. it's just paint on plastic.. blegh.

The fact that it's so small, thin, and light is also a big plus. The unibody design makes this thing STRONG. It's great.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I like the weight, the size, the look, the feel, new speakers, the backlit display and the keyboard. Oh, did I mention the look already? And of course the 9400M, I can finally program and play!

thetinman

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
England
I've got to mention the screen, but more specifically the vibrant LED lit screen. You really notice it when using the old iBook G4.

Gene Parmesan

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Besides the awesome lightweight aluminum material, fantastic GPU, broad front side bus, and beautiful bright 9c89* glossy screen, the track-pad is my favourite feature because of how new and innovative it is.
I was just using my old Dell laptop and I tried clicking & swiping and I got frustrated because it wouldn't do what I wanted it to.

Ryffie

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
Sweden
+
1. The trackpad
2. The OS
3. The rigid build

-
1. The screen (viewing angle and blacks)
2. That's it!

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
The light, thin, unibody, aluminum case
The trackpad
The screen
The OS
And just the fact that I'm no longer on a Windoze machine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.