What are your Favourite Firefox Extensions?

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
So I have to run Firefox at work (we run 10.2.8 and Safari 1.0.3), and I'm just trying to discover what the point is to Extensions.

Whats your favourite Extension for Firefox? Any that you use regularly?

:EDIT: I just found one that saves your session.. One of the things I loved about opera.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Theres only one.

Adblock

I use it on every version of firefox i have to block out those pesky ads. I just wish safari had something similar as i prefer the safari tab switch keyboard shortcut. If that was in firefox i wouldn't use safari much.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Thanks for that.. You know you cant press ctrl+tab to switch to the next tab dont you?

:EDIT:
Is this any good to you?

Provides a history of visited tabs. I often find that I have many many tabs open and that I want to switch amongst a certain number of tabs. Often these tabs aren't next to each other so the normal Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab stuff doesn't work out too well. TabHistory provides two histories of the tabs. The first history is automatic. Whenever you change tab, the tab you change to will be added to this history. To go back to the previous tab, press Ctrl+, (Ctrl+comma). To go to the next tab in the history, press Ctrl+. (Ctrl+dot).

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
I like:

adblock

spellbound (spell checker). although it's kind of a pain to install.

and gmail notifier

That's all that I've found to be all that useful. Besides I'm currently using Safari almost exclusively.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
pulsewidth947 said:
Thanks for that.. You know you cant press ctrl+tab to switch to the next tab dont you?
Yup i do, you can also use ctrl+shift+tab to go back a tab but i like the option+shift+left/right shortcut that safari uses better. It's a lot more natural for me to do with my hands on the keyboard.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
FARKit
PictureZoom (or something like that)
smoothscroll
Gmail notifier (before I used Mail)
others I can't remember due to my infatuation with Camino

Emkooda

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Most definitely, Stumbleupon is my favourite firefox extension. It enables preference specified, random website surfing. It is a brilliant way to discover new sites, and is home to many of the most well created and interesting blogs on the web. Check it out at: http://www.stumbleupon.com/

I'm currently also really enjoying speed dial, which gives you an Opera style opening page that contains 9 of your favourite sites, graphically displayed, for you to choose from: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810

sclough

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
I have found MeasureIt and ColorZilla helpful in web development. Live HTTP Headers has come in helpful a few times for app development. I used to use FasterFox and know several that use it. It did used to make a difference, but I haven't tested it with 3.0 yet.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Adblock Plus and Download Helper.

Also, adding a bunch of other sites and search engines into the "Google Bar" at the upper right. Having everything from IMDB to Amazon to Weather.com and several others up there for easy access is great.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I can't imagine I didn't reply to this one before.

necessity

Adblock+
Firegestures
Autodial
Delicious Bookmarks
Compact menu (win/lin only)
password exporter

Good to have

Stealther
PicLens
Ubiquity
resizeable textarea
fireftp
download status bar
screengrab!

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
I can't believe no one has mentioned NoScript at all - first extension/add-on I install on Firefox. Mouse Gestures is pretty handy too.

Emkooda

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
I certainly 2nd:

delicious bookmarking for web synced, social bookmarking,

download status bar for in-browser download notification,

and stealther for untraceable browsing.

Have just installed fast dial as a possible replacement for speed dial - anyone had much experience with it? I do wish it was drag and drop like speed dial, but I'm hoping it will replicate Google Chrome's homepage present-you-with-links-you-are-likely-to-want feature.