What are your opinions on what GeoHot has done?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CJayC, Jul 20, 2010.

1. CJayC macrumors 6502

That is, posting a picture of a jailbroken iPhone 4, not releasing it, then going into recluse?

If that ass wasn't going to release it, he should have never posted a picture or told people he was able to jailbreak it, IMO

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

My opinion don't care!!! it's his he can do what he wants with it. I am surprised he didn't release it as Limera1n or Chocolatera1n and make a few more bucks then run but oh well... I never been a Geohot fan he is smart that's about it..

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

He's already done what he wanted.

Just let it go.

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

If a jailbreak for the iPhone-4 were released today, it would SURELY be broken by the upcoming iOS-4.1 update.

Hold the release until after 4.1, and it may last a little longer.

Sean

5. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

This thread is not about me.

6. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

people get burned out, cant fault the guy for leaving....lots of pressure im sure.

7. celticpride678

I don't think iOS 4.1 is coming out so soon.

8. douflag macrumors member

You couldn't post this in the geohot thread with this issue discussed ad nauseum?!

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

He put in the work to jailbreak it, so he can do what he wants with it. He doesn't owe us the jailbreak.

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Wrong board. That being said he can do whatever he wants, he is not beholden to you or any one else. If you don" t like what he did, come up with your own jailbreak, if you got the skills. It"s usually the people with no skills that bitch the most.

11. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

I don't know man. It sucks but i kind of understand him. He gets a lot of tweets daily since 3.1.3 of people bitching and demanding ( not asking) a new jailbreak and he got fed up with it.

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Couldn't agree more. Seems not enough people appreciate him for what he's done. Sure, they're happy they have jailbroken iPhones and all, but how many actually thank him? All that pressure with no benefits to him? He's not a slave you know. Geez.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Wow, what a bunch of entitled douches. This is what happens when you hinge your usage on a hack, and aren't even paying for it!

14. Carniphage macrumors 68000

Carniphage

CjayC - where did you get your enormous sense of entitlement from? I want one just like it. Give it to me. I deserve it. (even though I have done nothing to earn it)

C.

15. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I know, right? I'd gladly pay for the services they provide me with. I'd save more money paying them $40 in two months with a jailbroken iPhone vs paying AT&T for the tethering access.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

There's always[/] a new firmware, device, iTunes version, whatever on the horizon. They should just release it for 4.0/4.0.1 and worry about 4.1 when it happens.

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

18. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

"But to be true it is going to take some time before we are actually able to get this facility on our iPhone as Geohot has reportedly said that he is going to wait till updates are issued about the latest iPhone software."

19. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

yep. and this all started with the noob friendly one click jb.

20. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

It amazes me how ridiculous some people can be. He put a lot of time and effort into this work to only have people complain. Can you imgain the amount of time and attention to meticulous detial that must be done everytime a jailbrake is written? Honestly, I don’t see why he held on as long as he did. Geohot did all this for free and got crap in return. Because of the complainers the whole community has lost a huge contributor to the scene. To bad but I hope he’s doing something more worth his time now then listening to people bitch……..

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

people like the OP are why he stopped

I don't blame him either

22. synagence macrumors 6502a

He quit the scene basically because of comments like that....

People expected him to insta-jailbreak/unlock iOS4/iPhone4 and it seemed like he got so much backlash for posting the 'faked' picture he walked... it wasn't his full-time paid job to do this ... was meant to be a hobby but it turned into some expected release ... don't blame him in the slightest

Rumours are about that he's may have joined Apple

23. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

True what some folks said. I mean, if I figured out how to Jailbreak my iPhone and then posted here that I did it, would I be required to share it with everyone?

It blows me away that people actually DEMAND a Jailbreak from the hackers (Dev Team, Geohot, etc) or have the balls to COMPLAIN if something doesn't go the way they want it to.

These guys are awesome for taking the time to do this and share it with us.

THANKS TO THE HACKERS!

24. pfft macrumors regular

25. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

He didn't actually jailbreak the iPhone 4. It was a fake picture to get people like you all jacked up.
    Apparently, it worked.:)