What are your plans

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by deathshrub, Nov 12, 2007.

1. deathshrub macrumors 6502

If the mac pro isn't updated tomorrow? (or this week)

My plans are to use my friend's mini until the update does come. The update feels so close at this point that buying the current pros makes no sense.

So what will you do? Will you buy the current revision or will you hold out for the update like me?

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Yea, I'll probably buy a current one from Apple. :( :mad:

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Sit back n watch the whiners complain .. Happens every time of Apple product update... :p

5. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

That is if it gets updated right?

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

open up a thread and complain.

ohh wait thats already been done a hundred thousand milion times

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I will cheer that after buying my Mac Pro Sept. "06 it will still be the current model:D

8. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Well not quite that many times. We all know it is coming so while we may be frustrated I don't think we are gonna see complaining threads, we have one big one for that.

Sad really...

9. iSavant macrumors regular

... stare at my desktop some more ...

Attached Files:

10. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Yes .. now or later .. If apple updates tomorrow then people will complain that apple didn't do what 'they' wanted ..

It's Apple makes the decision on what to add to the system ... Apple doesn't do Consumer Polls on future product ..

11. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

True, but I think most people here keep it realistic and in accordance with what is available. So I don't think there will be much disappointment.

12. sinn. macrumors member

i need a computer really really bad, I hope apple does something this week, I cant keep using my PC for school.

13. weblogik macrumors regular

will be upset if I wont have one for xmasbreak, since i was planning on a few weeks of new computer / setup design and music studio FUN

Macworld is right aroudn the time i return to the real world. Take it out of the box, install cs3 and work hoping i wont have any work left over for the weekend so i can just play with it, wishing i would have had those 3 weeks to really set it up

:mad:

14. sinn. macrumors member

same with me, I have wanting those 3 weeks to get up on my 3d modeling so im ahead of the game for next quarter when I start animation.

15. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

here's one of many threads on Apple products that people 'whine' because Apple didn't consult them on what they want built .. exhibit #1

16. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Looks more like a wish list/guess to me.... Whatever floats your boat though. :rolleyes:

17. JPJones macrumors member

If they don't release this week I would settle with a current model except for the fact that it sounds like a lot of people are having problems with their X1900 cards with Leopard. I'm not going to drop that kind of coin on a computer just to have it **** out on me.

18. wentwj macrumors regular

if they don't update it this week I'll continue to wait until Feb/March when I can actually buy it anyway.

Even though I can't get it soon, for some reason I really want it to be upgraded soon so that I can at least know and plan for what I will be getting.

19. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Macbook Pro

I will probably have to buy a Macbook Pro to tide me over..

20. fernmeister macrumors regular

If there was a smaller Macbook Pro I would seriously consider that. I'll have to upgrade my 12 Inch PowerBook sometime anyway.

Of course, knowing my luck Apple will simultaneously release a new Mac Pro AND a 13 inch MacBook Pro in January.

21. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I see you keep a clean desktop like myself. Is that an actual simulation of your system? If so, where did you get it from...that is pretty cool.

22. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I'll probably be waiting on my old PPC mac until Nehalem, waiting for pictures to take 100 hours each to render...

23. drkimble macrumors newbie

I'm waiting for "new" new models for over 6 months now, I'll just wait another week :I