What are your recurring dreams?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Mar 15, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I would say that about 90% of the time I dream it is one of these two situations with slight alterations each time:

(a) I am in a plane that is crashing and I wake up right when we are about to hit the ground.

(b) I have committed some really serious crime (usually murder) and I am being sent to jail.

I actually love these dreams because it makes me so happy when I wake up to realize that I am not going to (a) die or (b) get sent away to prison. Happy dreams are annoying because I am disappointed when I wake up to realize it is not real.

So what do you dream about?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

One day, you're going to wake up with a knife in your hand and wonder, "Was I really dreaming?" :eek:

3. tyranna macrumors regular

tyranna

i haven't had recurring dreams in years, though sometimes cold medicine can trigger some rather odd sequences.

for example, during my last bout with the flu i had this one crazy dream where i was busted by a couple of fashion (bicycle) cops for wearing my shirt inside out.

go figure. :rolleyes:

but when i DO remember my dreams, it's usually just a small clip and (almost always) distinctly boring.

:D evidentally my dreams mimic or reflect my day to day life.

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I used to have dreams where I wasn't able to brake while driving no matter how hard I'd press the pedal, then I'd usually wake up before the crash. They went away after I totaled my car.

5. noaccess macrumors 6502

I did have this one recurring dream back when I was a kid, that I would get every now and then.

Basically, my parents went into this one room, stayed there for a while. Things went totally silent, and I felt uneasy. Later, I would go into that room, find out that they had disappeared, along with everyone else, in the building or otherwise. That's where I got scared, started to panic, and woke up. *Yawn* :eek:

There were a couple of others that I can't remember.

Slightly off-topic, a few days ago, the weirdest thing happened. I was sleeping, and all of a sudden I felt this strange awareness of some small object floating right in front of my face. I still had my eyes closed at this point, and was semi-sleeping. It wobbled for 2 seconds before it just poked my forehead, with a loud sound. That's when I woke up, scared to death. Or that time when I woke up to the sound of a huge sonic boom-like sound, terrified.

6. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I used to have a dream when I was younger that would happen only about 8 times a year at random times. I can't even remember it (I never could) but there were elephants on a board game board or something. And then everything would go out of proportion and I was start panicking and wake up scared $#&*less.

There was a thread about dreams like these that I posted in a while ago. Anyone remember it?