What are your thoughts on a white Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iFanboy, Apr 1, 2012.

?

What is your thoughts on a white Macbook Pro?

1. Positive - I would like to see a white Macbook Pro

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Negative - Silver unibody looks better.

33 vote(s)
    76.7%
  1. iFanboy Guest

Referring to the white iPad and iPhone as good examples of an aluminium design with white colouring.

What are your thoughts on a white Macbook Pro?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was never a real fan of white MacBooks, or iBooks. I've owned them but I always thought that apple could do better.

Now a black MBP on the other hand - well that would look sharp ;)

3. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Would be a hit with some people that prefer the white iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. Not my thing but would be great to have other colour options as not everyone appreciates the black and aluminum look.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I own white iPhones and a silver MBP. I think a white MBP would look good if they could get the metal to be white but I think the plastic, like on the Magsafe adapters, would get too dirty and yellowed and marked up to make an attractive laptop.

5. iFanboy thread starter Guest

WOW, this poll is overwhelmingly in favour of not having a white Macbook Pro.

Given the popularity of the other white apple products I must say I'm surprised.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think it all draws back to the issues that the white MacBooks and iBooks had in the past with discoloration and dirt after solid use. it was problematic then and unlikely to be resolved by now so its not a very attractive option.

7. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Ineresting question, I really cant say before I actually see one... I didnt hate the looks of the white Macbook, but I hated the quality, 2009 release was reviewed by some site and from out of box and during review usage it got alot of scratches on the bottom of the laptop... After 2,5 years of very frequent usage and almost on daily basis transporting my 13" Pro it has almost no scratching at all, Ive managed a few minor dents to the bottom plate *blush* but hardly any scratching. :)

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I am on edge. As of right now, I say no. The past white Apple laptops have shown wear too easily, from dirt to fingerprints to scratches to yellowing. If they can correct that through an anodized aluminum, then maybe. Although I don't think you can anodize alum white but I may be wrong.