What are your thoughts on selling a 16GB iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xXriderXx7, Feb 10, 2008.

1. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Ive had a 16GB iPod touch since October, and it has treated me well, but the limit on space is starting to annoy me. I know a 32GB has just come out, but for 500 bucks, that still isnt enough space. Hacking is fun and all, but you cant hack more space.

Im looking to possibly buy a 160GB classic, to replace my Touch. It still isnt enough space to hold my entire iTunes library, including ll movies and television shows, but it is as close as I can get.

So my question is:
    What would be that best price to sell my iPod Touch?
    The chrome back is scratched, as I have used it daily, but the face is perfect. No blemishes or nicks. Also no dead pixels or negative effect, despite being a week 38.

2. motownflip macrumors regular

16gb touch's seem to be going for just under $300. I bought the touch for the iphone like features, but not utilizing any of them. I think I'm with you on selling it.

3. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Yeah.
    I was estimating around that price.
    I have about $150 right now, so selling it would enable me to buy the 160GB with some change left over.

Any ideas on what would be that best place to sell?
    Craigslist?
    Ebay?

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

5. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I'd reckon you'd get close to the original price as it hasn't gone down in price yet. However expect to get less due to scratches on the back.

6. motownflip macrumors regular

Here, ebay, or craigslist. Should be a quick sale.