What are your top Apple Watch 2 features?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I hate to be that guy... but here I am.

Even though the Apple Watch hasn't been released, I'm quickly looking forward to the 2nd generation. What is(are) the most important feature(s) to you for the next Apple Watch? Try to limit it to your top one or two.

Is it thinness? Greater than 1 day battery life? GPS? Fully Waterproof? Round display?

For me I would have to say my top request would be GPS. I really, really would want to be able to track my runs without needing my iPhone. Of course the request comes without any knowledge of power drain (however the fitbit surge will have gps and fitbit claims up to 7 days of battery life). I would want to be able to take a 45 minute run and still expect to be able to have my battery last all day under moderate use (16 hours)

2. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

1- Better battery life (then supposed 1 day)
    2- Thinner design
    3- Integrated GPS (only if it does not impact battery life too much) but not a deal-breaker for me. I'm perfectly fine with having a 129 gram iPhone on me while running.

And hopefully they will always keep the square design. I don't care if at some point they do an additional circular design as long as they still keep the square one.

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I thought about this the other day and hope they never go to a round display.

I'm happy with what I see so far with the Apple Watch, what excites me about the future is what developers will come up with..........it's the Apps that I look forward to. The Apple Watch is perfect as is and I'm confident it will get better as the years go by, just like the iPhone:)

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

More or less also my wishes. And support for not having the iPhone around at all.

That being said, I don't think I could ever imagine getting a smart watch, unless it gets Siri.

5. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I think it already does. But again, you need the iPhone support which for myself is not a problem at all since my iPhone is always on me or near by me.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

S2 chip.

Check back and I bet I'm 100% right.

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

8. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Though this is practically a given... it's probably the most exciting to me. Updates to the Taptic Engine.. Maybe the ability to feel with greater precision exactly where a user taps you.. Or maybe for better gps directions, gentle tap left for slight left turn, hard tap right for sharp right turn, etc.
    Thinner will be awesome. Battery life, obviously- & hope it ties in with sleep management features.
    Optional crown on opposite side instead of inelegant "turn it upside down" solution for the die-hard lefties would be cool as a bto.
    Massive updates to the Watch Management App... as clearly we will be arranging our apps, setting up particular options, and who knows what else... primarily from there. Increased Bluetooth control... as in HomeKit integration... controls for lighting, heating, locks, alarms, etc.

9. aduteau macrumors 6502a

1- Battery life ... the more the better !!! more then one day !
    2- Waterproof
    3- More heatlh sensors (more then just HR)
    4- GPS

Thinckness is none issue for me ... most of high end watches are as thick as Apple Watch .. I guess its a fashion thing in the Watch industry.

Now given that Watch Apps are gona be light Apps ... I do wounder what an S2 chip will bring to the table other then better battery and integrating other sensors ... ?

Apple is clear that horsepower will come from the phone ..

Are Watch Apps really be that much CPU and GPU intensif ? I highly doubt it ... and even if it was .. the Phone has got it covered.

I wounder what else the S2 will improve !?

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

1: Being a proper device in it's own right, not, almost just a dumb terminal screen for an iPhone to send data to it, to get displayed.

2: Better screen without a GIGANTIC dead zone bezel around the actual screen and the metal watch body.

3: Not so thick and chunky, so your shirt sleeve will get caught on it all the time.

4: Better battery life.

5: Apple not blocking user designed/customised watch faces, so you can have it look the way YOU want it, not controlled by how Apple think it should look.

6: Naturally any digital device could always been faster.

7: GPS as has been said.

8: Whilst it's not a replacement for a phone, it would be nice to have the ability to send receive calls if you really wanted.
    So you could go out, with just the watch and not have to worry.

Give me that and I'll be happy :)

11. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

wireless charging while I wear it would be nice, like a mouse mat style 'thing' thats near my computer desk that charges while I work. As long as it doesnt give me cancer, that would be handy.

12. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Battery – I would be OK with one day at high usage (pretty much unlimited usage).

Fitness - The more fitness sensors, the better. Heart/gyro are great, but anything that can tell me more about my fitness would be welcomed. I don't know if this exists for consumer use, but O2 saturation, glucose monitoring, sleep monitoring could be a start.

Charging - I am not a fan of needing another cable.

13. Dan70 macrumors regular

1. Be way thinner. The iPad Air 2 is stupidly thin. Make the watch thinner.

2. Implement a camera (I know this is hard with point 1). FaceTime, whilst awkward would let everyone become that special agent they've always wanted to be. I'm serious. A camera would be cool.

3. If Siri isn't in version 1, add him/her in version 2. I can't remember if Siri is in the watch, I never recall seeing any kind of demo so I don't know.

14. P4ulypops macrumors member

P4ulypops

There was rumours of a non-intrusive Glucose Counter, which as a Diabetic would be amazing.

But my #1 wishlist would be Waterproof enough to wear in the shower/bath.

15. danniexi macrumors 6502

thinner. lighter. faster. better battery life.

revolutionary.

just like any other apple hyperbole developed by Apple's marketing team.

16. chabig macrumors 68040

Read my thoughts and knows what I want before I do.

17. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Brand new design, looks like a fisher price toy as it is.

18. jca666us macrumors regular

In order of importance:

1. Better battery life - larger battery and/or better power management and/or improved display and cpu.

2. Waterproof!

3. Remove the contacts button and center the digital crown on the watch.

4. Reduce bezel around display.

5. Improved display.

6. A Titanium and/or Tungsten Carbide option.

19. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It has GOT to be waterproof. I won't buy one until then. Add some more health sensors or features. Throwing in a heart rate sensor in doesn't make it a health tracking device; I find this bit hilarious. My iPhone can tell me my heart rate with precision accuracy (I've tested it alongside our machines in the ER) with a mere app and the camera lens. And, honestly, it doesn't look that great. It is among the best looking smart watches but they're all hideous. The best looking one thus far, in my opinion, is the Asus watch (sans the band). The battery life is not acceptable. Just because it's on par with the competition doesn't make it acceptable. No, it's not out, so spare me the lecture please. It's safe to assume we're getting about a day or two (max) out of this thing. I've never been one to say I'm waiting as I'm a got-to-have-it-now type person, but smart watches just aren't 'there' yet. Not for me anyway. I'll probably get the Fitbit Surge when it hits $199. It's waterproof and boasts a week of battery life.