What art/web design school?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by 63dot, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I have a friend who has their BFA, lots of graphic design experience, and wants to brush up resume with web design skills.

What do you think about Full Sail or Art Institutes for certificate? Any other suggestions?

2. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

How much education are they looking for? Are they looking to simply add some technical skills, or go back to school to, say, get an MFA in interaction design / dynamic media?

I am generally not a fan of for-profit "universities" like Full Sail or AI... but I do have to admit that money they make means that the facilities are top notch.

Most colleges and design schools degree programs do not focus on technology or implementation.

I would actually suggest looking at local colleges evening / continuing education programs if they are looking to gain some skills. Most colleges have these and they are a bit more focused on practice.

If your friend is looking to go to school for a bigger career change, they could look at interaction design programs at places like Carnegie Mellon, N.C. State or http://www.dynamicmediainstitute.org/

3. davisjw macrumors regular

davisjw

VCU Brandcenter has a new technology/ interactive track he may be interested in. You earn a masters :D