Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread - didn't see anything like it that was current.

What band is your favorite?

If I could only have one, it would be my brown (or black) Apple leather. I LOVE how slim and comfortable it is.

Reactions: staggerlee41

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Hmm.. for me it would be the Nike hyper grape sports loop.
d679f4d62d1e390ad6998df74b8ae0a5.jpg

Reactions: twanj

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Stainless steel link band. Absolutely genius with the removable links _without_ having to use tools. It’s also light weight enough and thin where it’s very comfortable.

Reactions: GRT89521

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Asking for the all-time favourite and asking which band you‘d keep if you could only have one is not the same thing. Because if you could only keep one band, it would probably have to be something neutral and versatile while your all-time favourite may be something more special or even eccentric.

So this being said, if If I could only keep one band, it would probably be the Soft White sport band. My all-time favourite is probably the Sunflower classic buckle leather band.

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
space grey sport band; if I could only keep one. Favorite band is my 42mm hermes cuff

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I wore the Apple Milanese Loop almost exclusively with my Series 0 Stainless Steel, though I also had a Black Leather Loop I wore when I wanted a dressier option.

I have bought a number of bands for my Series 4 Space Black Stainless Steel and hands-down the Apple Link Bracelet is my favorite. A close second is the Nike Hyper Grape Sport Loop.

Reactions: twanj

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Was previously the red modern buckle but recently bought a Hermes double tour and been in love ever since :) pics of both below!

Attachments

• FDA773E0-0561-4500-9095-945710B36F1D.jpeg
    FDA773E0-0561-4500-9095-945710B36F1D.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 55589FA6-A876-4153-B8F1-E68E469347B2.jpeg
    55589FA6-A876-4153-B8F1-E68E469347B2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 268

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Asking for the all-time favourite and asking which band you‘d keep if you could only have one is not the same thing. Because if you could only keep one band, it would probably have to be something neutral and versatile while your all-time favourite may be something more special or even eccentric.

So this being said, if If I could only keep one band, it would probably be the Soft White sport band. My all-time favourite is probably the Sunflower classic buckle leather band.

Good point. In my case they are the same.

Reactions: the future

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I've been using the Midnight Blue Nike Sport Band for the past 6 months and its still going strong.

It offers durability, ventilation, and is one of those bands that doesn't need constant adjusting when my wrists swell in hot weather (like the Sport Loop and Milanese bands) and has the added bonus of having a space black pin, which matches my S4 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel watch. :cool:

I just wish they had some other blue colours as don't really like the current colours - they're either far too dark or too 'pastily' :p

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
I love the majority of my bands and have a lot of favorites. The one I would say captures my heart the most is the Bordeaux/Rose Extrême/Rose Azalée Double Tour band from Hermès

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I, for one, can't stand sport loops (or the Milanese loop) because of the lack of symmetry at the lug connectors - one side of the watch is svelte and 'normal,' while the other side has an obnoxious bulge which cause the watch to tilt (albeit slightly) in one direction. Drives me absolutely nuts.

I love my SS link band but only wear it with suits; my black leather loop is nice in the fall/winter, but this time of year I'm all about my Pure Platinum/White band. I also have the Pure Platinum/Black but the white one just looks so much cleaner.

27941800-1F82-4DBE-BAFA-620A7E27BA77.png

With the California face, in white, I think it looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dino F and GRT89521

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
I, for one, can't stand sport loops (or the Milanese loop) because of the lack of symmetry at the lug connectors - one side of the watch is svelte and 'normal,' while the other side has an obnoxious bulge which cause the watch to tilt (albeit slightly) in one direction. Drives me absolutely nuts.

I love my SS link band but only wear it with suits; my black leather loop is nice in the fall/winter, but this time of year I'm all about my Pure Platinum/White band. I also have the Pure Platinum/Black but the white one just looks so much cleaner.

View attachment 843953

Totally agree about symmetry. The silicon sport bands and leather bands are my favorite. My SS link is a great addition to my Hermes S4.

Reactions: mavis

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south

View attachment 843953

This is my issue with the sport loop. I just can't make myself like it for that reason. I am wearing the nylon buckle today, and I like that a lot more than I thought I would due to how slim the band is.

RickGrimes

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019
Having had an Apple Watch since the beginning. I’ve tried all bands(except the leather loop it’s too ugly to try) Apple only. Including the link. And above all others the sports band is my favorite.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Having had an Apple Watch since the beginning. I’ve tried all bands(except the leather loop it’s too ugly to try) Apple only. Including the link. And above all others the sports band is my favorite.

Might have to agree with you there.. it has both comfort and looks.. the loop is the most comfortable but it just makes the watch look cheap. I still love them though.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
FE7E2728-F470-40F5-B0A0-0B5462484C2E.jpeg A6DAE4FE-46D7-443C-AA5F-89AC1E896B22.jpeg Sorry for the lousy pic.
This paracord band from survivalstraps.com is my absolute favorite. Unfortunately this company appears out of business now and I can only find one other paracord band maker that might fill the bill.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have tried to think this through and I'm really struggling to answer this question, I have so many favorites. Too many bands also but that's another story :cool:

For context, I own Sport Loops, Sport bands, Leather Loop and some leather bands from FFF. Catch me on any given day it could be any one of them, I change bands in cycles.

Practicality vs. favorite is difficult enough a choice for me to name one band as the winner. Then we get into the different materials and colors. For anything that involves physical activity, I prefer sport bands, hands down, no questions asked. For business casual or more upscale casual scenarios I favor one of the leather bands. General day to day, I seem to be wearing a lot of sport loops these days.

As comfortable as the Sport Loops are, I really think the leather from FFF is still the most comfortable I own, likely one of the most practical as well.

Long story short, I still don't have an answer:D

Reactions: jagolden

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I have tried to think this through and I'm really struggling to answer this question, I have so many favorites. Too many bands also but that's another story :cool:

For context, I own Sport Loops, Sport bands, Leather Loop and some leather bands from FFF. Catch me on any given day it could be any one of them, I change bands in cycles.

Practicality vs. favorite is difficult enough a choice for me to name one band as the winner. Then we get into the different materials and colors. For anything that involves physical activity, I prefer sport bands, hands down, no questions asked. For business casual or more upscale casual scenarios I favor one of the leather bands. General day to day, I seem to be wearing a lot of sport loops these days.

As comfortable as the Sport Loops are, I really think the leather from FFF is still the most comfortable I own, likely one of the most practical as well.

Long story short, I still don't have an answer:D

I just looked up FFF. First time hearing of it, looks very neat. I dont have a leather band yet and you may of just triggered something in me.. could you post pics of yours and color?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.