Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Looking to get my wife a few bands for Valentine's Day, probably Moko Bands from Amazon since I have a few and like the quality for the price. Wondering what colors go well with Rose Gold? She's got the 38mm watch with the Lavender band that I got her for Christmas.

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
I've got a rose gold watch and I have, no joke, 26 bands for it (and counting). What can I say --- I love accessorizing. I also happen to think that most bands go fine with the rose gold watch, but I'm not a super matchy-matchy person. How does your wife feel about mixing the rose gold with silver or gold metal features, for example?

My favorite sport colors with my rose gold (so far) are the OEM lavender, the antique white, and the stone. I love the black milanese loop band with it as well, although I think it also looks good with the silver link and milanese loops as long as you don't mind mixing metals. I also love it with most leathers --- I am fond of turqoise, light tan, and white, and hope to get a medium brown soon. My least favorite bands with it are a third-party walnut sport (which is a darker tan than Apple's version), the black sport, and a dark blue sport. I also think the orange and red sports clash a little bit since they are such warm colors. I still wear them from time to time though.

I uploaded most of the photos I've taken of the watch with various bands here: https://goo.gl/photos/Q5nE9mW3bhA8qVdM6. I'll try to add to that album as time goes on.

tl;dr: muted neutral sport band colors, any shade of brown leather, or the black milanese.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I would definitely recommend the rose gold Milanese, I think it's my favorite band I've purchased so far (which is probably at least 10 lol) ;)

image.jpeg

Reactions: ladytonya

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I would definitely recommend the rose gold Milanese, I think it's my favorite band I've purchased so far (which is probably at least 10 lol) ;)

View attachment 613586

I have read a lot of mixed reviews of the rose gold ML bands available on Amazon. How is your color match? The picture looks great but I know sometimes pictures aren't 100% accurate. Thanks!

KST87

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2015
I've got a rose gold watch and I have, no joke, 26 bands for it (and counting). What can I say --- I love accessorizing. I also happen to think that most bands go fine with the rose gold watch, but I'm not a super matchy-matchy person. How does your wife feel about mixing the rose gold with silver or gold metal features, for example?

My favorite sport colors with my rose gold (so far) are the OEM lavender, the antique white, and the stone. I love the black milanese loop band with it as well, although I think it also looks good with the silver link and milanese loops as long as you don't mind mixing metals. I also love it with most leathers --- I am fond of turqoise, light tan, and white, and hope to get a medium brown soon. My least favorite bands with it are a third-party walnut sport (which is a darker tan than Apple's version), the black sport, and a dark blue sport. I also think the orange and red sports clash a little bit since they are such warm colors. I still wear them from time to time though.

I uploaded most of the photos I've taken of the watch with various bands here: https://goo.gl/photos/Q5nE9mW3bhA8qVdM6. I'll try to add to that album as time goes on.

tl;dr: muted neutral sport band colors, any shade of brown leather, or the black milanese.
Super cute! I have the gold (settled after returning the Rose Gold) and I'm looking for bands these look sweet!

DdDr2

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2016
I found this pink modern buckle on Amazon that SAYS it has rose gold hardware, but it's not pictured on a rose gold case so it's hard to tell. Has anyone ever seen this band in person that could comment?

http://www.amazon.com/Kartice-Genui...4&sr=1-15&keywords=apple+watch+pink+gold+band
All the pics in the reviews look like it's more gold-ish that rose gold. These are from people who got it to match their rose gold watch too. One of the reviews said that it's not like the rose gold watch. Plus, it's got quite a few bad reviews. Personally, I wouldn't spend the 40$ on it.

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
I found this pink modern buckle on Amazon that SAYS it has rose gold hardware, but it's not pictured on a rose gold case so it's hard to tell. Has anyone ever seen this band in person that could comment?

http://www.amazon.com/Kartice-Genui...4&sr=1-15&keywords=apple+watch+pink+gold+band

I own that band (it's in my user picture right now). The hardware is shiny rose gold colored, not the pink gold of the apple watch. It's a little cheap-feeling, but it's held up well to use (I've worn it about ten or fifteen times since buying it in December and I am NOT gentle on it...no breakage yet).

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I have read a lot of mixed reviews of the rose gold ML bands available on Amazon. How is your color match? The picture looks great but I know sometimes pictures aren't 100% accurate. Thanks!
I think the color match is as near perfect as your going to get, I love the way it looks! It's my go to band now :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I think the color match is as near perfect as your going to get, I love the way it looks! It's my go to band now :)

Jess, which band on Amazon is yours? There are so many! I like the color match, looks perfect.

On another note, I am thinking about another sport band besides the lavender that mine came with and my second watch choice was the blue band with silver case. I wasn't sure how the blue would look with rose gold but I think I kinda like it based on the mixyourwatch.com pic I came up with. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    570.2 KB · Views: 1,069

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
Jess, which band on Amazon is yours? There are so many! I like the color match, looks perfect.

On another note, I am thinking about another sport band besides the lavender that mine came with and my second watch choice was the blue band with silver case. I wasn't sure how the blue would look with rose gold but I think I kinda like it based on the mixyourwatch.com pic I came up with. What do you guys think?
Here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016MWND2Q/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a midnight blue and light blue band for my rose gold. The midnight looks really nice but I'm not too fond of the light blue. I think the color blue you picked would look nice myself, hope this helps :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008

DdDr2

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2016

I went to the store and compared the light light blue with my rose gold. Not as pretty as I had hoped. I do want the midnight blue strap if it had a rose gold pin.

MonikaFrellstedt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2016
Germany
Just got the handmade leather apple watch band for my rose gold AW. I did the purchase of real ostrich leather watch band in rose color for my AW rose gold and it took about more than 2 weeks until it arrives. This is the first time I got the purchase from the seller in Asia country. I was not sure about the quality and how it will look like on my AW because what I saw just on the pics that the seller provided at his page on Etsy. But when the band arrived and I opened the small package, tried this band on my AW. I am really excited that it looks like that this band was made for my AW. LOVE it sooooooooooooooo much :)

Now I take white band out and will be with this new band ;)

25673145425_237c34eed8.jpg

25580445321_85467e7582.jpg

25554386032_5d97a5724b.jpg

Last edited:

KST87

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2015
Just got the handmade leather apple watch band for my rose gold AW yesterday. I did the purchase of real ostrich leather watch band in rose color for my AW rose gold and it took about more than 2 weeks until it arrives. This is the first time I got the purchase from the seller in Asia country. I was not sure about the quality and how it will look like on my AW because what I saw just on the pics that the seller provided at his page on Etsy. But when the band arrived and I opened the small package, tried this band on my AW. I am really excited that it looks like that this band was made for my AW. LOVE it sooooooooooooooo much :)

So pretty! Love the combo, do you have a link for the seller?

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
Just got the handmade leather apple watch band for my rose gold AW. I did the purchase of real ostrich leather watch band in rose color for my AW rose gold and it took about more than 2 weeks until it arrives. This is the first time I got the purchase from the seller in Asia country. I was not sure about the quality and how it will look like on my AW because what I saw just on the pics that the seller provided at his page on Etsy. But when the band arrived and I opened the small package, tried this band on my AW. I am really excited that it looks like that this band was made for my AW. LOVE it sooooooooooooooo much :)

Ohhhhhhh very nice!!!!

Reactions: MonikaFrellstedt

Tæylor

Suspended
Feb 17, 2016
Island of sodor
Looking to get my wife a few bands for Valentine's Day, probably Moko Bands from Amazon since I have a few and like the quality for the price. Wondering what colors go well with Rose Gold? She's got the 38mm watch with the Lavender band that I got her for Christmas.
Recommendations from tæylor the little Mac lover:
The bands dat may go well is the red modern buckle, also the white one
It will also go well with the following third party cuff from pad & quill!

TasheRAWR

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
London, United Kingdom
I'd say a nice midnight blue modern buckle would be lovely.

Recommendations from tæylor the little Mac lover:
The bands dat may go well is the red modern buckle, also the white one
It will also go well with the following third party cuff from pad & quill!

Unfortunately I believe the Pad & Quill cuff is for a 42mm watch. However depending on the width of the band it may fit onto a 38mm adapter.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.