What Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Inakto, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Inakto macrumors regular

Hi
    My (white) Macbook battery died a while ago and i was wondering whether any third party batteries are any good.
    Thanks

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I'd recommend you take your old battery and turn it into the Apple store for recycling. I honestly don't know but check if they give you a break for exchanging old for new.

3. fluffyx macrumors 6502

I was skeptical of eBay batteries, but it seems like the $45-$60 batteries on eBay do a good job. You may wish to choose one with a good warranty, pay with a credit card via PayPal, and choose a seller with good feedback. It doesn't hurt if the seller is based in the U.S.A.

For a MacBook (white or black), here are Apple's prices:
    • purchase a new battery: $129
    •*make a Genius Bar appointment or call 1-800-APL-CARE and exchange your defective battery: $99

Good luck!

4. Inakto thread starter macrumors regular

5. Inakto thread starter macrumors regular

Chinese battery

Hi
    I wanted to follow up on this thread.
    I did buy a chinese battery from ebay and it's been working very well. It has about the same capacity as the original apple one, and right now it says 7 hours remaining and ive already used it for an hour (dim display, wifi off, tethered to my phone by bluetooth)
    Anyway here is the battery that I bought (payed 38 CAD shipped) http://tinyurl.com/yb3s25f and if the link doesnt work anymore, i bought it from this guy: http://myworld.ebay.ca/hk-zhaoyu/
    Recommended. :D If there are any issues, i will post them.

6. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

7 hours?:eek:

That's what my 13" MacBook Pro pulls...

...sexy.

You know, I am sure the MacBooks were never advertised as anything greater than 5 hours. I suspect this guy does his customers a real favor and replaces the cells in old batteries!!!

KipKay on YouTube will show you what I mean ;) reminds me what I should do the moment I get a PowerBook that I'm desperately after.

7. Inakto thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry to bump this but...

I just wanted to update the skeptics on the performance of the chinese battery.
    As for the exterior, the little rubber foot has come off through heavy use. As far as performance goes, its still going strong, though it still incorrectly reports 77 cycles even though there are way more on it, closer to 400.

So, I must recommend this battery because of the positive experience.

Yesterday my power brick gave up and I ordered a chinese one from ebay :). I expect good results :D