What Bluetooth headphone are you going to use with the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 18, 2015.

?

What Bluetooth headset do you recommend?

1. Soundpeats qy7

27 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. JAM transit buds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other, state which one

69 vote(s)
    71.9%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Looking for less than $35 Bluetooth since the watch doesn't have a headphone jack. So far it was

Soundpeats qy7 for $29.99
    [​IMG]

Or JAM transit buds $39.99... I can get em for $25 with my bestbuy discount
    [​IMG]

Or OTHER, Please say

2. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

I was looking at the Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones tonight. The only concern I has is the one size fits all ear buds. If they were interchangeable I would have purchased them already.

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

How much?

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

How much?

6. CWMChapman macrumors newbie

7. craigo14 macrumors member

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have the Powebeats 2, Beats Solo 2 Wireless(for sale), and Bose Soundlink OE.

9. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I own them and their a sleeper. Strong bass,10 hours of play time, durable, and a biggie is people can hear you on the phone unlike the other Bluetooth headphones. I'm very happy with them.

10. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

$109 at Amazon.

11. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Ok let's play, I'm just willing to pay $35-50 max. I should've known yall pinky are too high. Haha

12. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Your post title is which one are you (we) going to use. Not what should I (you) buy based on my budget. Totally different question. :)

I'd buy the one that had the best (so called) expert reviews and the least 1 & 2 star consumer reviews.

13. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

LG tone for podcasts/etc (when if that happens). Bose soundlink on ear for music.

14. simsdaniel macrumors regular

15. adamk77 macrumors 6502

I purchased the Soundpeats Qy7 and have been using it regularly.

I will admit that I am not an audiophile, but I have owned earphones in the $200 range. The audio quality on the Soundpeats Qy7 is great, especially at the price point (I paid $27 for it).

The cost to quality ratio is pretty high on this one. For the price, the audio quality is phenomenal. I own a wired earphone (purchased for around $20) and the Soundpeats Qt7 (even over Bluetooth) sounds in the order of magnitudes better. I use it when I am running.

Pros:
    - Great cost to quality ratio
    - Great audio quality
    - Stays in ear during exercise (comes with the same stabilizer as the more expensive Jaybird Bluebuds X)

Cons:
    - Useless manual
    - Useless manual
    - Useless manual ! ! !

I would like to elaborate on the owner's manual. The Soundpeats Qy7 comes with something called ear hooks or ear stabilizers. Their purpose is to stabilize the earphones so that they don't fall out of your ear during exercise. The problem is that the owner's manual does not mention how to use them. It comes with 2 different kinds of stabilizers. There is a right way and a wrong way to attach them to the ear phones, and the manual does not explain it at all.

The good news is that the stabilizer that comes with the Soundpeats Qy7 is exactly the same kind as the ones that come with the more expensive Jaybird Bluebuds X. Meaning, you can search for the Jaybird Bluebuds X owner's manual, which will explain in detail how to use these stabilizers.

A simple picture showing the correct orientation of the stabilizers would have sufficed. This would have saved me some time, frustration and annoyance.

---

I would knock it half a star for the poor owner's manual, but at the end of the day, it's a great bluetooth earphone with great sound quality at a super competitive price, so I am giving it 5 stars. Just make sure to take a look at the owner's manual for the Jaybird Bluebuds X.

16. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Awesome. Just bought them!

17. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Just a tip, keep an eye out for headphones that suffer from output lag. If you plan to use them with any other device for video, many cheap bluetooth headsets have poor lip-syncing issues

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

19. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

The SoundPeats QY7s are available under several brand names, and IMHO probably the best use of money if you're wanting to buy these for working out. I think the money saved (almost $100) on these over something like the Jaybirds could be used towards *really* nice headphones to use in non-workout situations.

20. scottburrow macrumors newbie

21. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Attached Files:

22. H3rman macrumors 6502

I've just bought the PowerBeats 2. I know a guy at work with the Soundpeats and after listening to them I really do not rate them at all.

I'm by no means an audiophile, but i found the Soundpeats are very tinny sounding and I don't rate them at all for music.

Day to day I have a set of Yamaha HPH-PRO 500's which are perfect in terms of bass, mids & treble balance. At least I think so. The beats are more bass orientated which is what I've always heard and why I went for the Yamaha's over the beats for my main headphones.

For running/gym the beats will be ideal. Good quality sound, fits very nice and look good.

23. disturbed9321 macrumors newbie