Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nedley09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
I am wondering what Bluetooth controllers work with the emulators on a JB ipad mini? I know at one point you needed a wii mote and classic controller. Is that still the case?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I am wondering what Bluetooth controllers work with the emulators on a JB ipad mini? I know at one point you needed a wii mote and classic controller. Is that still the case?

Unfortunately, BluTrol, as of 3.4-1, is still not compatible with iOS7. They've been promising an updated version for this month.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
there's a tweak called "controllers for all" in cydia that allows you to link up a ps3/ps4/ xbox? controllers and play MFi certified games with your bluetooth controller

I've been using it on my iPad Mini with my PS3 controller and it works well.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
there's a tweak called "controllers for all" in cydia that allows you to link up a ps3/ps4/ xbox? controllers and play MFi certified games with your bluetooth controller

I don't think it works for xbox controllers. I might be wrong but I thought it was play station controllers. Originally it was only Dual shock 2 and the dev was trying to add the new dual shock controller as well.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
what blutooth controllers work with JB ipads

I don't think it works for xbox controllers. I might be wrong but I thought it was play station controllers. Originally it was only Dual shock 2 and the dev was trying to add the new dual shock controller as well.

yeah, I wasn't sure. I do know that ps3 and ps4 work

SXbYlxP.png

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
any PS3 or PS4 controllers that would work with this and are just simple media controllers? Not a full controller?

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

Can you, or anyone else, advise if this controllers for all tweak will work with the "GBA4IOS" app? With a PS3 controller?

Thanks!

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Im actually going to test tonight. At first the buttons weren't mapped right but I read a post on reddit on how to maybe fix that. I'll report back

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Awesome thanks!

fyi, I couldn't get my ps3 controller to work properly with GBA4iOS. I even "mapped" the buttons correctly within the app, but they just stayed where they were initially... i.e. circle button is start, right on D-pad is "A", etc. I emailed the dev of controllers for all to "report" it but it is likely a GBA4iOS issue. I've read online that emulators aren't necessarily updated to use controllers for all due to them not being "MFi certified"... I could be completely wrong about that, but I couldn't get my ps3 controller to map appropriately for this app. I hope maybe someone else has better luck and can "show me the way". :)

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
fyi, I couldn't get my ps3 controller to work properly with GBA4iOS. I even "mapped" the buttons correctly within the app, but they just stayed where they were initially... i.e. circle button is start, right on D-pad is "A", etc. I emailed the dev of controllers for all to "report" it but it is likely a GBA4iOS issue. I've read online that emulators aren't necessarily updated to use controllers for all due to them not being "MFi certified"... I could be completely wrong about that, but I couldn't get my ps3 controller to map appropriately for this app. I hope maybe someone else has better luck and can "show me the way". :)

Thanks. Guess I won't be spending the money on the tweak then as I don't think I currently have any apps on my phone that can use the controller.

nedley09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
So only if the emulator has icade support huh. That's sorta disappointing.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks. Guess I won't be spending the money on the tweak then as I don't think I currently have any apps on my phone that can use the controller.

@Justinb51: fyi, the dev of controllers for all just released an update today that fixes PS3 and GBA4iOS compatibility. I just finished blazing through world 1 of Mario Brothers 3 using my PS3 controller and iPad rMini! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.