Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ari gold

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Hey all, I'm going to buy a macbook in a couple days and I'm trying to make an informed decision between the 2.0 and 2.4 aluminum rigs. For those with the 2.0 model, could you list software and tasks (if any) that slow your laptop down? How does the 2.0 handle streaming HD content? Playing HD videos? Does encoding videos with Handbrake slow it down? How is Photoshop on it? I know Flash is CPU intensive, is anything else surprisingly taxing on the processor?

I know that was a lot of questions, thanks in advance for your answers and helping me make my decision!

amrk47

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2007
Hey all, I'm going to buy a macbook in a couple days and I'm trying to make an informed decision between the 2.0 and 2.4 aluminum rigs. For those with the 2.0 model, could you list software and tasks (if any) that slow your laptop down? How does the 2.0 handle streaming HD content? Playing HD videos? Does encoding videos with Handbrake slow it down? How is Photoshop on it? I know Flash is CPU intensive, is anything else surprisingly taxing on the processor?

I know that was a lot of questions, thanks in advance for your answers and helping me make my decision!

none of those tasks bogs down mine, but they certainly do use up my 2gb memory.
you will definitely need to upgrade to 4gb

gixxerredliner

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
hmmm

its like the difference between a BMW with a heated steering wheel and head light wiper blades and a BMW without heated steering wheel and head light wiper blades. You wont notice a huge difference between the two other than the cosmetic features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.