What bogs down your 2.0 alu?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ari gold, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ari gold macrumors newbie

Hey all, I'm going to buy a macbook in a couple days and I'm trying to make an informed decision between the 2.0 and 2.4 aluminum rigs. For those with the 2.0 model, could you list software and tasks (if any) that slow your laptop down? How does the 2.0 handle streaming HD content? Playing HD videos? Does encoding videos with Handbrake slow it down? How is Photoshop on it? I know Flash is CPU intensive, is anything else surprisingly taxing on the processor?

I know that was a lot of questions, thanks in advance for your answers and helping me make my decision!

2. amrk47 macrumors regular

none of those tasks bogs down mine, but they certainly do use up my 2gb memory.
    you will definitely need to upgrade to 4gb

3. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

I would definitely upgrade the RAM if you intend to encode video, but the CPU should be fine either way.

and Photoshop and similar apps run just fine on both models.

4. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

hmmm

its like the difference between a BMW with a heated steering wheel and head light wiper blades and a BMW without heated steering wheel and head light wiper blades. You wont notice a huge difference between the two other than the cosmetic features.