What brand/model for 2nd Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by John O, Jan 28, 2008.

1. John O macrumors newbie

I have tried more than a few brands and models of TFT displays to run as a second display on my Intel based iMac, and all have fallen short of the image displayed on the iMac screen. Adjusting the display in preferences gets me nowhere. My biggest complaint is that the second display is not as crisp or sharp as the iMac. I have a 4 years old 17" Sharp that comes the closest, but would like to have a 19 or 20 inch. Price is no indicator of possible performance. I hooked up my macbook to an array of 7 different monitors in a PC World near my home and the results were astounding. The cheapest at €140 was the best picture, the most expensive at €500+ was by far the worst I have ever seen!

Any suggestions or similar experiences? I use the iMac for Quark and Photoshop mainly, and would appreciate the extra space to work on, as long as the picture is good. Hopefully someone will know one that will make me happy and is available on Dabs.ie/Dabs.com or some other site that will ship to Galway, Republic of Ireland.

Thanks in Advance,
    John O'Callaghan

2. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

The 19-22in Samsungs and LGs are very nice monitors. Reasonably priced as well.

3. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Get a dell or an Apple I'd get the dell as they are brighter and sharper.

4. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Samsung SyncMaster 906BW 19" here. Very happy with it, even happier since I switched to DVI vs VGA.

6. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

I have a Formac Gallery 21" at the side of my 24" Imac and I think it knocks spots of the Imac display in all areas.
    The only part it falls short on is the resolution is the old 4:3 1600x1200