What brightness level do you set your ACD to?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by c073186, Feb 28, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

This is for owners of Apple Cinema Displays only, because I just bought a 23" ACD and I am curious what others have the brightness level at. When I first turned it on, I was amazed at how bright it was. I found myself actually turning it down to the level where there are four empty gray blocks on the brightness indicator. So I'm just curious what others use? Do you use full brightness?

2. eviltobz macrumors member

both my 23" alu acd and my 20" g4 imac have always been on minimum brightness and i wish i could turn them down further. i hate it every time a new display or machine with integrated display gets released and they crow about how this is even brighter than the last. that's not a selling point, it's a big fat negative becuase it tends to go hand in hand with the minimum brightness being higher :(

hurrah for shades.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i keep my 20" on the minimum brightness as well - unless it's very sunny in our home office, any other setting is entirely too bright. i also wish i could turn it down more sometimes...

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I keep my 20" iMac jacked all the way up.... maybe I'm blind, but I love the bright screens. :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If my ACD is on full brightness I feel like I am staring at a lightbulb.

6. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I keep mine at the max unless it's late and I have the lights off, then I lower it because after looking at the display for a few minutes, I can't see anytihg for a second or two once I look away.

7. Zw42a macrumors member

My 20" ACD has it's brightness on the lowest (no wite blocks). Only during the beginning of the afternoon it's on half of it's brightness because the sun is shining directly on it then.

8. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Same as you, for my ACD and both laptops. I use a colorometer to calibrate the displays, and brightness is one of the attributes it measures. This is with the display in a room I describe as having medium brightness. If I am outdoors with one of the laptops, then I have to increase the brightness to compensate.