Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What browser are you using in iOS17?

• Total voters

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
Now that we are allowed to use 3rd party browser apps on iOS, i'm curious what are you using and why?
I switched from Safari to ARC recently and i really like it, despite the fact that i cannot hide the latest 5 searches or so under the url bar which pops up when you open the app.

JemTheWire

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
I use Chrome on my PC and can also sync my Chrome bookmarks with Safari on all my iOS devices. I have iCloud installed on my Windows PC.

jb310

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2017
I really like Edge just because the built-in adblocker works really well (plus it syncs my info with regular desktop Edge).

txmike418

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2022
PA
I use DuckDuckGo which blocks more trackers than Edge or chrome.. using their email to clean the mail and tracking cookies, I have been able to cut down on spam emails

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Safari in the main but some work stuff is only accessible via Edge so i use that occasionally for work stuff when out and about on campus where i work.

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
Would like to hear folks’ iPadOS preferred browsers too, I was disappointed to feel my brand new ipad ”pro” getting super hot yesterday using Firefox, which has always been buggy /glitchy in iPad OS… but I use it for lack of a better open-source semi-privacy-conscious option… :-/

Reading the results and comments above, perhaps it’s time I gave DuckDuckGo another try. I forget what exactly, but when I used it on iOS a while ago, there was something about it that didn’t work well.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Safari with Wipr but I’m considering installing Brave as a secondary browser…

I wish the torrent manager integrated on Brave was allowed on iOS / iPadOS

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Brave since AdGuard broke after 17.5 so safari is relegated to the miscellaneous Apple apps folder on page 3

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
to be honest, im surprised by how few people are using ARC.
Personally, i'm using it for more than half a year on both iOS and macOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.