Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Safari and the google search app. I wish there was a way to sync safari passwords and open tabs like on mavericks but with my PC, where is mostly use chrome.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Hehee, and here I was thinking I was the only one who uses the Google search app just about as much as I use Safari.

I have been using safari and google search, I like google for search much better than yahoo.

I am now, since yesterday, using dolphin that has google search capabilities.

----------

Only Safari, I really wish I could use it on my Android device as well!

It wouldn't be the same. Safari on windows is not the same as mac, sucks big time.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Usually I just use Safari. I dabbled with Chrome for iOS, but I much rather prefer using it on my MBP over my mobile devices.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Safari and the google search app. I wish there was a way to sync safari passwords and open tabs like on mavericks but with my PC, where is mostly use chrome.
Hehee, and here I was thinking I was the only one who uses the Google search app just about as much as I use Safari.
Out of curiosity, what's the advantage/benefit of using something like the Google Search app (vs. just searching from basically any browser, for example)?

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Out of curiosity, what's the advantage/benefit of using something like the Google Search app (vs. just searching from basically any browser, for example)?

When I'm lazy and I don't feel like typing my response and want to use google now. It's also better for searching for images. Yes I know there is dictation everywhere there is a keyboard.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know bing is looked down on but Bing actually has a really nice search app.
Bing might not be as popular as Google just as far as simple popularity, but it's actually not only not bad but fairly good. Popularity isn't always everything or even necessarily all that important as far as how good/useful something might be.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
iCab is the most versatile browser on the App Store IMO. It literally has hundreds of options to customize it.

I personally use the following on it:

Adblocker

+

Ability to download files

+

Ability to upload files

+

Cloud support

+

Fullscreen mode with semi transparent control toggles

I agree. I've been using icab since it came out. Only thing better would be Firefox, which I use on my Mac, Windows PC, and Android tablet.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas

Not really a benefit per se, just something I'm used to doing from owning various android devices like when executing a quick search for wiki pages or funny gifs. Any major browsing though is done within safari.

----------

I know bing is looked down on but Bing actually has a really nice search app.

I might have to give it a go I just hate breaking tradition.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Bing might not be as popular as Google just as far as simple popularity, but it's actually not only not bad but fairly good. Popularity isn't always everything or even necessarily all that important as far as how good/useful something might be.
I downloaded that today and assigned it an Automator action. Very nice app! I am really starting to prefer Bing over Google.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Safari. It also has the best UI and of course thanks to iCloud all my bookmarks etc are synced across all my devices.

Chrome isn't bad but Safari does everything brilliantly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.