Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Ideally I would like to use Safari, since it's a native app, which is good for performance, and certain things open it automatically anyways.

But I use the Mercury browser now. One reason is the ability to sync my bookmarks with Chrome, which is what I use on my desktop. The other reason is the gestures to instantly go to the top or bottom of a very long webpage. I think it has pretty good performance too.

But I haven't spent a lot of time with a lot of browsers. What do you guys think is the best browser currently for iPhone?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I stuck with Safari, mainly for reader mode (which I use fairly heavily). Also because I use Safari on my ipad, macbook and imac.

As for scroll to bottom, I believe there is a bookmarklet for that, though accessing it from your bookmarks bar would be slower than a dedicated space on the screen.

Driveshaft815

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
I've used Dolphin in the past but I tend to stick with Safari because it's a native app and certain things open automatically in Safari anyhow.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I use only the default apps Apple puts on their devices except for Weather, the base app is useless, I prefer Weather Channel Max, gives me a whole lot more information.

I do hope they update this going forward, also the stock app gets it's weather from Yahoo which does not seem too accurate in my area of NJ

reyzor82

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Im using Safari for basic browsing... just me maybe web pages load faster in stock browser but i may explore Opera some time..

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My iPhone is too small for me to do any serious browsing. I just use safari for a quick check in on the news or some site that I need to look something up.

My wife uses her iPhone for some serious surfing but I can't do that - just too small for my old eyes :p

Since my needs are simple, I see no reason to use another browser when safari does a decent job

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
I've always used Safari, but now that I have a tablet, I do all my browsing on the bigger screen, and i use Firefox (had Chrome for a while, I prefer Firefox and I have it on my Macbook and PC)

shelle

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Hi to all,

My opinion: Safari is very good browser for iPhone, and Safari is usually compatible with Firefox, Chrome, Opera and others (i speaking for the desktops). so i suppose Safari will show some website on iPhone almost exactly the same like other browsers are showing (except IE, they are always different)..

But why browsing on the phone at all, when there's iPads and laptops and desktops..? :)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I use safari and I'm happy with it. We so have a Mac, that we use every now and then. If I need to sync bookmarks I just import them into safari on the Mac and I'm good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.