What browser do you use on your iOS devices

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by thomas MAC, Jun 11, 2012.

1. thomas MAC macrumors newbie

I have been a Mac user for 2 years and Safari and Chrome works well on my Macbook Pro.However I am considering to buy an iPhone after being an Android user for the last 3 years. I wonder if there are some kickass browsers on iOS, or you just use Safari on your iOS devices?

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I personally just use safari
    I hear good things about iCab browser though.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah, Safari. On iOS there's nothing better, really.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Discussed in many prior threads. Don't overlook them. What are you specifically looking for in a browser?

5. kaielement macrumors 65816

Unless you are jailbreaking safari is good and does the job and even if you jailbreak not like you get any better experience IMO just a different browser.

6. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

7. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

I just use Safari, there isn't anything better because all of the browsers are essentially the same (all based on Safari) but with a few different features.

8. thomas MAC thread starter macrumors newbie

I care much about the browsing speed and additional functions, do you have any suggestions?

9. stevelam macrumors 65816

sometimes i hop onto dolphin browser because certain sites seem to reliably crash safari all of the time. no idea how they differ since i assume dolphin has to use the same engine.

10. thomas MAC thread starter macrumors newbie

yes,that's what i was talking about, do you have other option except for dolphin?

11. ryanlawrence171 macrumors member

I am using Safari and Opera mini browser both are working good with my iPhone.

12. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

My wife and I have iPad 1s and they both crash when browsing many sites all the time.

Safari and iCab tend to crash equally. Some sites work fine, but the more complex the site, bam, crash!

Yes, they are both JBed. The question is if the crashing is a factor of JB or iPad 1?

Any ideas?

Will Dolphin help?

Thanks!

13. Moe UK macrumors regular

I use atomic browser quit bait, it has tabs and a download manager. One thing I really like is that YouTube videos continue to buffer or play even when you are on a different tab.

The biggest problem with browsers whichever you use there is no way to change the default browser so all links open in safari.

14. stevelam macrumors 65816

i believe if you're jb'ed, theres a way to change your default browser.

i have no idea. depends on what sites you're looking at. the ipad 1 has extremely low ram so i wouldn't be surprised that its crashing, on top of the fact that you also have it jailbroken and probably have some more non-sanctioned apps/tweaks running in the background. with such low ram on that machine its sort of a given that you now have less available resources to view websites etc.

15. nw9 macrumors regular

Another vote here for Atomic browser. It has useful features like tabs, multitouch gestures, identify browser as a different browser, etc. The best way to know which browser you like is to try them out. Many of them are free or have a free version to try out.