What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by brendangibson, Jun 16, 2015.

1. brendangibson macrumors newbie

I just found out that only 4% of internet users use Safari. What browser does everyone here use? My girlfriend just switched to Chrome and she loves it. A few partners of mine have used Firefox for years and they love it.

Tell me the pros and cons of using Firefox or Chrome. Thanks, guys!

2. lugworm, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

On my iMac, Chrome. On my iPad and iPhone, Safari.
    Purely personal preference. Chrome just doesn't feel right on the smaller devices, but better than Safari on the Mac.

3. Martin81 macrumors regular

Martin81

Safari on both iPhone and MBP. Used FireFox a long time on the mac, but wasn't that satisfied.

4. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Safari on my iPhone. I prefer Chrome but since Apple forces me to open all links from other apps in Safari...eventually I caved, it was too frustrating to keep alternating between two browsers :/

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Safari. The bookmark and password syncing makes everything worthwhile for me.

6. reckonankit macrumors newbie

reckonankit

Safari is best browser but you can't handle for more tabs. i feel worst when its takes too much time to load new tabs and kill data in tabs also. Mean while i just switch to chrome its awesome and thousands of plugin and ad dons i can easily find on chrome store. While for safari we need to wait new add on. if you are techy expert and spend many times on internet i prefer to used Firefox

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Generally Firefox but Chrome if I need Flash, the same on my phone if a page renders wrong.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

9. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

Xombrero on the laptops, Firefox on the S3.

10. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

I use Chrome on all of my devices. I use it on my iMac, MBP, iphone and Nexus 6 and Note 4. It syncs bookmarks and tabs to provide a very nice consistent experience across devices.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Nice pick

12. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

opera on my ipad, note, phone, tvbox and laptop. i used firefox, but after "Eich fiasco" i started to use opera.

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

14. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I use chrome on both Android and iOS for the most part.

15. epicrayban macrumors 603

epicrayban

Chrome on every Mac computer I have (I have a ton). Chrome on my S6, though sometimes I use the Samsung browser because Chrome can get buggy and weird on a few rare occasions depending on the website. Chrome is the easiest to use otherwise. Having all my Bookmarks and info synced across devices is great, and swiping between tabs is nice. As is pull down to refresh.

16. mi7chy, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Chrome+ABP on PC. Recently switched from mobile Chrome to mobile Firefox+ABP on phones.

17. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Safari on Mac, if i i'm on iOS it's Safari and on Android it is chrome.

I do have chrome on my Mac but its just for a load of bookmarks i haven't imported to keep Safari clear. i use the same bookmark setup as iPhone does. Squares.

18. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

chrome 64bit beta on pc, sometimes IE11 depending on the task
    safari on iOS, photon browser if using flash (mostly surfcams)
    chrome beta on Android, dolphin if using adobe flash

19. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

You can change your default browser so that stuff opens in Chrome. I can hover over a link to package tracking in Mail, click the arrow and select track package and it will open the track in Chrome.

I use Chrome and Firefox on my Macs (depends on what I'm doing), Chrome on my Android devices and Safari on my work-issued iPad. I use Chrome on my work Mac but I don't have it synced to my personal machines for bookmarks and tabs.

I tried using Safari and I just couldn't get used to it. I like the "speed dial" of 8 frequent pages on the default new tab in Chrome, plus having several REALLY frequent tabs as my default when I open Chrome.

20. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I'm talking about on my iPhone though.

21. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

22. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

My phone determines what browsers I use. Synced browsing data is a must for me so if I'm using an Android phone, it's Chrome across the board (Macs, tablets, phone). Problem is I really don't like Chrome on mobile too much (especially tablets--why can't they have bookmark toolbar?? :confused:). If I'm using an iPhone, I use Safari everywhere possible (my very light Android tablet and Chromebook usage being the exceptions).

23. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I used to be a dedicated Chrome user on all my devices. I still like Chrome (despite performance issues) on Android but on my Mac I've switched to Safari. I've really liked the changes Apple has made with Safari recently and based on the 10.11 preview it is only getting better. Also Google does some annoying things with chrome - like not allowing you to open a new tab that just shows a blank page which I really didn't appreciate.

24. zOne31 macrumors regular

I used to go Chrome across my Apple laptop and mobile (Android and iOS). But I recently switched to Safari for both.

25. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Chrome and Safari on the Macbook. Chrome only on the iPads, and Android phone and tablet.