What BT mouse to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aussiebuddha, Apr 17, 2007.

1. aussiebuddha macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a new Bluetooth mouse for my macbook.
    I have been using the bluetooth mighty mouse, but i'm quite unhappy with it.
    The scroll ball keeps getting dirty and it stops working every week, and i have to clean it to get it back to work again (And I do wash my hands very often!)

Also, I find that the resolution is very bad, and sometimes find myself struggling to click where i'm supposed to.

My idea is to get a mouse which
    is Bluetooth
    has good battery life
    laser if possible to improve resolution
    has a charging base

I had a radtech bt600 before but it was not good, and had to return it.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. aussiebuddha thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry guys i just realised there a ton of thread regarding the same thing .. i just cant believe tghere's no decent BT mice out there..

3. ef651100 macrumors newbie

ef651100

I think the Logitech V270 works reasonably well. Sure there are quite a few things that they should work on (like Laser instead of a red LED) but the silver one matches my MacBook Pro quite well. No software required and it gives you a piece of mind.

One interesting thing to note... if you use the V270 on MacBook Pro's surface the movement direction is reversed! I just realized that the other day when I was at school.

4. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Ugh...that's no good. I just ordered one of those to use w/ my MBP. I too have had trouble finding a consensus regarding a "good" BT mouse to replace my Logitech MX1000 Laser (USB) mouse..:(

5. brettsinger macrumors member

bluetooth seems not to lived up to its promise. FWIW, from browsing these forums it looks like the most positive reviews are being given to the v270. This is just based on cursory browsing. Lots of people liked the mx900 but it seems like that model has been discontinued. I think I'm going to try a v270. Been waiting for a long time to buy a mouse to use with my MB, just haven't found a consensus opinion on which model to get.

6. brettsinger macrumors member

7. blahbrah macrumors 6502

8. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

The Logitech MX900 looks to be the best among them. I have a wired MX518 and love the design.