What BUGS you about your iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChePibe, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

I am planning on buying one of the new Touches next week, but before I take the plunge, I'm curious - what is it that bothers you about yours (if anything)? Do you have any complaints that have come up in your day-to-day constant use that did not surface at first?

(I ask just so I can be aware of any minor problems that may not appear during the brief in-store testing I have done thus far - I really like what I see!)

2. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

My only real complaint is that when you put movies/tv shows on the iPod touch and then watch them, that information doesn't sync back to the computer. For instance, I have been watching a few episodes of a TV show on my iPod touch, but sometimes want to watch the unwatched episodes on my Apple TV. When I connect my iPod Touch to iTunes I want it to tell iTunes which episodes I've watched, but it doesn't. I don't understand why. But that's my only real complaint so far and I've had it for almost 2 months.

3. Funplex macrumors regular

Safari crashes like there is no tomorrow. Even after the updates, and restores-- the damn thing is constantly crashing.

4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

My fingers grab the screen sometimes instead of letting them slide across it.

5. volvoben macrumors 6502

I hate that you can't add/play music from multiple computers with iTunes. No disk mode means you're stuck with one library to add music from (although you can work around this, i just copied my itunes library files to my work machines so i can drag new material directly onto my iPhone/Touch).

A pain, and hard to explain to people new to the devices - "uuh, yeah, i have the videos you wanted me to convert, but you can't use your work computer to add them to your iPod Touch...no, not because it's a PC or a Mac, just because Apple crippled it so you have to go home first..."

Very annoying, particularly for people like me who use 4 computers at home and 3 at work.

6. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I actually don't ever have this problem. I wonder if it affects a lot more people as well.

This drives me nuts too. I have a friend with a screen protector and his fingers just glide across. I may get one simply for that.

7. BennyK macrumors 6502

I really wish that the dock connector on the bottom would dispense little pieces of chicklet gum, of something like that. Without a gum dispenser, this thing is practically useless.

No, seriously, I have no complaint. Much happier than I originally anticipated.

8. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

I found it too thin...hard to hold after a while.
    Happier with my 1st gen iPhone now.

9. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Screen too small for totally awesome word entry speed. The keyboard is ultra tiny, and works but not for fast entry. If this screen was 50% bigger or twice the size I would love it.

That's irritant #2.

10. mzd macrumors 6502a

software related... mobile safari saves images at crap resolution. too low even to be used as wallpaper. :(

love it other than that!! :D

11. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Nothing, to be honest. I hesitate to say it, but it's been very close to perfect. Given, I haven't had it for long (I've had mine for four months and ten days), but I've had an app crash on me only once, and everything has been smooth and worked essentially perfect since the day I got it. Only complaint I really have is when my hands are sticky or it's humid outside and it's hard or awkward to use the device.

12. pacers721 macrumors member

1. That I have to look at the screen to operate it. With my old audio players, it was very convenient being able to switch songs without ever taking the player out of my pocket.

2. Pretty much all my videos (most of which are .avi and .mpg) can not be played

13. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

My complaint is really just a cosmetic iPod one, but I really dislike the fact that the chrome back scratches so damn easily! My old iPod Nano 1G was just like this, but this one feels worse! It's my only complaint. They should at least just given me a sleeve for the thing since i cant even keep it in my pocket atm since Im case-hunting.

Other than that though, I must say that the chrome back is visually beautiful (without scratches) and that i've only experienced one crash *knocks on wood* with Safari since i loaded a page that I knew gives trouble. Buy one! Theyre great :)

14. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

No Bluetooth. Sorry, Apple, but once you go wireless you'll never go back. As such I have other players I use for music. The touch makes a good PDA though.

15. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

the only thing that bugs me is if you don't turn it off (instead of putting it on hold) is the touch becomes less responsive. they might have changed that, but who knows?

rotate your ipod 90 degrees, et voila! bigger screen and bigger keyboard!

16. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The thing that bugs me the most is when I am listening to music, have the screen shut off, hit the home button to turn the screen on, slide to unlock, and then it goes straight to the home screen instead of the music app that I was last on. This is a new problem that has been showing up every time in 2.x, I never had this problem with and 1.1.x release.

17. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Only being able to play Apple proprietary video formats. I want to play my pirated DivX movies straight away damn it! Oh, oops.

18. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I guess the one thing I don't like is I wish that the headphone jack was at the top. I have a case with a clip and I don't use the clip because my headphone cord gets wrapped around the ipod so I end up putting it in my pocket upside down. Other then that I don't have nearly the problems others have.

19. MikesMethod macrumors newbie

Slide

I would have to agree with the people that are saying their hands stick instead of slide. This happens a lot when it is humid or you are sweaty. If you have four seasons like I do, the summer is the most prone for stickiness for obvious reasons.

Although this bugs me, I strongly recommend getting the 2nd gen iPod Touch. It is by far the best mp3 on the market at this time.:apple:

20. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I apparently cannot even temporarily store Canon Camera Raw files on my 32 GB last-gen Touch.

21. iTouch1987 macrumors member

this.

2. Safari crashing.

3. Music crashing while searching through albums (maybe cause my music is not legal?)

4. Slow accelerometer.

5. Figuring out how to rip my DVD's into the necessary format.

Other than that, I LOVE IT. Definitely get it. :D

22. ladystew macrumors newbie

i love it. very happy with it... the only downer i have is not getting strong wifi signal to go online (one day i will have to just get wifi in my house, i have cable currently).

i have yet to figure out how to format my DVDs to put in the ipod as well.

I have only had it for one week but love it already!

23. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

There are a few things that could be improved upon to make the product better.

1. Allow wireless downloading of podcasts
    2. Add support for more video types (wmv, etc)
    3. Allow non app store third party apps

Thats the big things but there are a number of little bugs that have been said already.

24. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

bugs that dont bother me:

volume for speaker and headphone jack gets randomly set when you plug/unplug

Safari sometimes crashes

Feature that bothers me:

Unlock screen is ridiculously pointless. You have to press the home button to bring up the unlock screen, then you have to slide it back to unlock. Why? The home button should be good enough to unlock it, all the other ipods simply need a button to be pressed to unlock it, what makes the smaller button on the touch so "risky" that they have to use a double-unlocking procedure? You also cant tell it to not lock without having the screen be on 100% of the time... wtf is that about anyways? I mean wow. Its just stupid. Extremely stupid. At least give us seperate options for the lock screen and backlight time, so we can have lock set to never and backlight set to turn off after 1 minute. I really dont understand why Apple hasnt improved this braindead feature or at the VERY LEAST give us an option to turn the stupid thing off (their current option isnt exactly an option when it drains the battery after 30 minutes), it makes using the touch a major pain in the ass sometimes and makes changing a song while driving damn near frightening.

25. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

hmm, it would be that im very very impatient as mine won't be coming till xmas. thats my only gripe with it.:D