What cable do i need to connect my MacBook to Plasma?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LondonGooner, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. LondonGooner macrumors 6502

    Oct 14, 2006
    This is the Plasma i have

    What i want to do is basically be able to watch my Videos from my macbook on my tv. I assume i can only do this if i get a HDMI cable? What are all the cables i need for me to do this?
    Id really apreciate if u could get me some links from the apple online store...and if possible if you know any cheaper 3rd party alternatives that could do the job. thanks
  2. swiftaw macrumors 603


    Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Looks like you have several choices. S-video or VGA probably being the best.

    I think the macbook has a mini-DVI out, so you'll need either the miniDVI to Video connector, or the miniDVI to VGA connector.
  3. LondonGooner thread starter macrumors 6502

    Oct 14, 2006

    cool, id prefer getting a VGA one cos that will also work with my PC monitor

    what im not sure about is that, will the VGA be able to play audio/video? the user guide for the TV only mentions connecting a PC for still images via the pc slot...
  4. butaro macrumors regular

    Nov 9, 2006
    S-Video and VGA are video only, if you TV or soundsystem(if you have one) has an audio in port you can just use the speaker (or audio out mode) port and connect it directly, I use S-Video and hook my speaker port up to my soundsystem.
  5. OC Lakerfan macrumors newbie

    Feb 2, 2007
    Mini-toslink to toslink would be your best bet for digital sound.
  6. geeserver macrumors newbie


    Nov 1, 2006
    PHX, AZ

Share This Page