what camcorder should I get for using mac editing software?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by djcamille, Dec 30, 2008.

1. djcamille macrumors newbie

djcamille

I am brand new at making videos. I just shot my first one using a borrowed camera. I want to now buy one in the $600 range. I hear Sony is the best, but which one? I understand that it is important to have it export out of the camera into I movie in a particular format. I also have heard HD is the way to go. I need help figuring out what is the best camera for the $$ and will give me the ability to get clear, easily editable footage. Thanks!!:D

To take a look at my first video that I shot and edited, just go to www.youtube.com/djcamille007

It's called "FUNKY JEW"

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Sony is good, but Canon's are the best camcorders in your price range. Look here for a list of all the Canon camcorders. If you want a HD flash memory camera then you are going to have to spend a little more money. But if SD is fine for you then you can get a good one for around $400. If you want to take a look at Sony's camcorders then here is the link. But even the Sony HD hard disk/flash memory cameras start at $800. The Canons start a $800 also.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

For that budget, I highly recommend the Canon HV30. It's a fantastic camera for the price. It shoots HDV on MiniDV tapes and will work with virtually any non-linear editor. It's widely considered to have one of the best quality images for under $1,000. You can pick one up for $539 at B&H.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Truly a great camera for the price!:D

5. djcamille thread starter macrumors newbie

djcamille

thanks... ill take a lookie :D

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)