iPod touch What can Apple do to separate the Touch from the iPhone?

puffnstuff

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
The ipod touch is seen as the iphone with out the phone. What could Apple do if anything to put the ipod touch into a league of its own?

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Why do they need to do anything? If people want the iPhone, they'd get it. A lot of people don't have or want ATT so a Touch is the next best thing.

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
The ipod touch is seen as the iphone with out the phone. What could Apple do if anything to put the ipod touch into a league of its own?
There is no need. It's an Iphone without phone service (no monthly charge) and you can still connect to the internet via wifi for free. Like a mini portable computer. Under $230 for an 8 gig portable computer, you can't beat that.

Do any other phone providers offer an wifi connecting option without using their phone plan?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
....not have a cell phone built in?

I really dont get why there are so many ppl on this site that insist the touch is only for those who will be getting an iphone. Some of us just wanted the best damn PMP with the most potential out there.

I dont even own A cell phone. I have a touch for my media.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Make it more powerful-

Better processor

Graphics card (nothing big, just so it can play better games than the iPhone)

FM radio

Support for Stereo Headphones over Bluetooth

Wireless N

Digital TV Tuner built-in.

:D:):D:) that stuff would make it a more "hard-core" gaming/media device :):D:):D

puffnstuff

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
I was thinking about a gaming device too. I have a gut feeling the touch will evolve into a gaming device.

Maybe they can make something like this exclusive to the touch

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
the one theyd have to design and implement in the near future for it to be even viable in the next 3-4 years for the touch?
Yeah that one (for the iTouch...the ones with the flexible folding screens will be exclusively known as an iTouch) :D

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Look at the PSP it's not pocket size, but kids still like it.

They can make the iTouch bigger and it can still be successful.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It already is separated. It is not a phone, it is thinner, it has Nike+, it comes in 32gb, and it has a metal back.

gusto5

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2006
Canada
the one theyd have to design and implement in the near future for it to be even viable in the next 3-4 years for the touch?
or any variations of this...say two screens that fold on top of each other until you flip it open. kinda like the nintendo ds minus the gap between the screens.

totally viable in 3-4 years