Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
AppleID support will help you reset your AppleID password, and can help you change some of your account settings, if that's what you mean.
Apple can probably tell you about recent, failed access to your account, such as when you mistype your own credentials, etc.
What kind of answer are you hoping for?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
They can probably also tell you which devices are on your Apple ID and what OS they are running. At least that's what you can see when you login to your ID management.

ddddd478

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
i decided to ring support to delete my account i thought they might ask for proof of who i am before they do that? and will my data be encrypted to the employee?

Never give anyone your credentials.
good point. i got a scam email claiming to be from apple a month ago, didnt fall for it though altho quite convincing

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
i decided to ring support to delete my account i thought they might ask for proof of who i am before they do that? and will my data be encrypted to the employee?

good point. i got a scam email claiming to be from apple a month ago, didnt fall for it though altho quite convincing

I’m sure you need to delete that yourself, it contains your data and all. Best success!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I doubt personal data stored on Apple servers is ever completely erased forever. If a person is a suspect in some crime and the FBI petitions Apple to provide all user data, (which they do very often) apple hands over the data to them. It's very common. That includes old iCloud backups.

Does anyone really think that if they deleted all their backups on iCloud (easy to do from your device) and then commited a horrendous crime, that Apple wouldn't have a copy of the deleted backups to give to the FBI?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.