what can be updated in a rev.A 15" mbp low end

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bereda, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bereda macrumors member

essentially i have a rev.a low end mbp i got for 200$ 80gig intel duo 1.83ghz :(
    128.ddr3 graphics card and 1gig ddr2 ram but for 200$ i couldnt beat the deal

but im wondering if i can find the parts for a newer mbp and just essential dissemble this unit and swap everything i mean everything is it possible???

or could i just get a new hdd new processor from the same rev.a mbp but higher end and swap it and also grab the video card that has 256

what would you guys do???

my other thought was strip it down take the monitor off the track pad keyboard build a custom case out of aluminum make it a bit thicker to hold a seagate savvio 15k drive solder in a reciever for a wireless keyboard and mouse denogle and make it a ultra thin nettop/ media unit

2. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

the graphics card and processor units are soldered on, if I'm not mistaken. Get a new HDD and upgrade to 2GB of DDR2.

3. srexy macrumors 6502a

Ditto on the above. My Rev C MBP is quite snappy now that I've maxed out the ram and upgraded to a 320gb WD Scorpio Black drive.

You should be able to pick up a Hitachi 320gb 7200 rpm drive and ram on sale at Newegg and escape for around $100 I would think. They've got a 10% off HDD's sale right now...