What can having LTE offer with future OS releases?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JefeBall, Sep 14, 2017.

1. JefeBall macrumors newbie

Trying to figure out if I should get the Series 3 with or without LTE. As of right now I don't have much use for LTE. But I was wondering how it might be a good long-term investment to get LTE for new features released in future OS updates that require LTE. Is it realistic to expect this to happen with future updates, and if so what kind off features could people see added in the future using LTE?

2. redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

What I envision is we will be able to take the dog for a walk and/or our daily jog and be able to listen to a podcast, listen to music via Apple Music, and/or listen to an audiobook without the utilization of a phone. Meanwhile, if you receive a message or urgent call while on said walk/run you can talk to the individual through your Airpods (or any wireless headphones with a mic).

All of this being done while your phone is sitting on it's charger on your nightstand. Potential game changer if they get the software right.

3. JefeBall thread starter macrumors newbie

How is that any different than what's now possible with the LTE Series 3?

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

the future is here.
    what more do you want?
    all this is 1st world problem and no apple product is essential for survival.
    you either buy a aw3 or you don't. the choice is yours.
    he was just listing the pros of owning aw3 lte.

5. Tdadlani macrumors regular

Tdadlani

Having a full-time computer with endless possibilities the size of a watch on your wrist. That’s the future.

6. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

I'm getting the LTE simply because I know with my luck I'll get the non-LTE and then later wish I had LTE for something.