What can i do!! IPhone 4.3.5 baseband 4.10.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by djric, Nov 8, 2011.

1. djric macrumors newbie

Hey,

I want to unlock my iPhone 4 but I have iOS 4.3.5, Baseband 04.10.01 and I had tethered jailbreak. I restore it to a clean 4.3.5 state now.
    I can't downgrade to a earlier iOS because i don't have the SHSH Blobs saved.
    I was thinking in upgrade it to IOS5. The thing is that the iphone was bought locked to a spanish carrier and im trying to use it in Portugal (didn´t know it was locked before the purchase...)
    is there a way to start using my phone as an IPHONE instead of an IPOD? :confused:
    Dont wanna loose the GPS functionality (using an ipad baseband...)

I'm desperate.

Thank you. :)

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There is no option for you at this moment. Enjoy your Ipod touch then.

PS. Ipad baseband only works with 3G/3GS, not on Iphone 4.

3. djric thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Crystal thanks for your fast answer

isn´t there any chance of bypassing this? even if i upgrade to IOS5 and thet jailbreak it or something? :(

4. bmacir, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

bmacir macrumors 6502

You can try this. :)
    It's the best you can get for now.

Edit: Oh ,and don't even think of updating...

5. gswearengin macrumors newbie

6. bmacir macrumors 6502

I didn't try it, though as far as I know you can downgrade the firmware but not the baseband so it would be of no use unlock-wise.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If indeed your phone has 4.3.5, then the only option for you is to use Gevey sime to unlock it.

OS5 also is tethered jailbreak. However, you can make is semi tethered by installing a package from the big boss.

Please note that if you want to keep using Gevey with OS5, then you must create OS5 customs firmware while keeping the baseband at 04.10. Otherwise, Gevey will not work with OS5 stock baseband which is 04.11

8. rcjh22 macrumors member

You have to use the manual process to unlock. Go into settings/phone/sim applications/click english/click accept

Call 112 and hang up after counting two seconds

Then turn on airplane mode and wait for a message to pop up. Click it. Turn off airplane mode and then it should work.