What can I do with my old iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gryz, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Gryz macrumors member

Hey guys and girls, I have an iPhone 4 and have just recently started using the drive space on it for podcasts while I run and bike ride. Once I switch to a new phone, I am assuming the one I have now will lose most of its use, but I was wondering if I was still able to connect to the internet via wifi and therefore, search the web, download podcasts and still play my games on it...

It is a Verizon phone, so no sim card if that matters.

Thanks for the help!

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

You could still use it as you would an iPod Touch if you decide to keep it. Use internet via Wifi, listen to music, watch movies, play games, send emails, etc.

I will be keeping my iPhone 4 when I get my Android phone, but mostly to keep an iOS device to test the websites I make on.

3. Gryz thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the tip.

And sorry Mods, didn't know I wasn't allowed to bump. :eek:

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It will make a great spare in case your new phone gets stolen. At times like that it's priceless. :)

5. Newbie MacUser macrumors member

I just sold my iphone 4S 16gb to amazon for $410, in anticipation of the new iPhone 5, my contract won't be over till like November 2013, even though I would techinically be eligible to upgrade around March/April (18 month) option on iphones only.