What can I do with my old iPhone?

Gryz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Hey guys and girls, I have an iPhone 4 and have just recently started using the drive space on it for podcasts while I run and bike ride. Once I switch to a new phone, I am assuming the one I have now will lose most of its use, but I was wondering if I was still able to connect to the internet via wifi and therefore, search the web, download podcasts and still play my games on it...

It is a Verizon phone, so no sim card if that matters.

Thanks for the help!

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
You could still use it as you would an iPod Touch if you decide to keep it. Use internet via Wifi, listen to music, watch movies, play games, send emails, etc.

I will be keeping my iPhone 4 when I get my Android phone, but mostly to keep an iOS device to test the websites I make on.

Gryz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Thank you for the tip.

And sorry Mods, didn't know I wasn't allowed to bump. :eek:

Newbie MacUser

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2012
Hey guys and girls, I have an iPhone 4 and have just recently started using the drive space on it for podcasts while I run and bike ride. Once I switch to a new phone, I am assuming the one I have now will lose most of its use, but I was wondering if I was still able to connect to the internet via wifi and therefore, search the web, download podcasts and still play my games on it...

It is a Verizon phone, so no sim card if that matters.

Thanks for the help!
I just sold my iphone 4S 16gb to amazon for $410, in anticipation of the new iPhone 5, my contract won't be over till like November 2013, even though I would techinically be eligible to upgrade around March/April (18 month) option on iphones only.