What can I do with my Zagg?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gigemzach, Jul 22, 2010.

1. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I had a zagg screen protector put on the front and the back of my iPhone 4 at best buy. I let the zagg adhere to the phone for probably 3 or 4 days without a case. Then I finally put the speck pixelskin hd on, and it's creating air bubbles around the sides. I've tried flattening them out with a credit card and it works temporarily but they always come back. It's super annoying and so I was wondering if there is anything that I can do. Also I'm very disappointed in the way that this one fits compared to the one on my 3GS. It doesn't extend out to the edges as much as the one on the 3GS so it leaves a shiny weird look along the edges of the case, and it was rudimently cut. It is rough around the earhole and edges.

2. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

This is exactly why I returned the zagg screen protector to best buy yesterday.

3. headcheese macrumors regular

Flush it? Cause that's what you did with that $ when you bought it :)

I kid I kid. Sorry OP, I think Zagg SUCKS

4. nkr1974 macrumors regular

i called BB to make sure i could return my IS that they installed. i already took it off and put it back on the original packaging that they gave me. they said i could get my $28 back.

gonna wait for the PS to come out or not use one at all.

5. iTouch macrumors 6502

You could use your warranty on it and get a replacement. Just call them up. And yes if you get the full body putting a case over it is an issue. I would just use the front screen protector and keep the rest just in case. BTW when you ask for the replacement they ask for entire thing front and back otherwise the warranty is void.

6. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

Well since the Zagg doesn't seem to be working out, what is a screen protector that is top quality. Also with this one it seems that the orange peel affect is more prominent than my 3GS one.

7. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

this is why i don't waste money on screen protectors. most start to bubble after a few days of use.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Try SGP Oleophobic or if you want a full body shield the SGP EX Ultra Crystal

10. Los macrumors regular

Highly recommended products.

When I first got my iPhone, I immediately made sure to buy ZAGG Invisible Shields because I didn't want to scratch my iPhone 4. Sadly, when I did get the shields installed, the started to peel off when I applied a case to the iPhone for further protection. That annoyed the living crap out of me.

So, I then looked up further screen protectors and came across Best Skins Ever and then SGP. Now Best Skins Ever is the same thing as ZAGG, but cheaper. SGP however, is different. I ordered the EX Ultra Crystal Full Body, and I'm in love.

The front and back Screen Protectors are built with quality. They're nice and thick, and when you hold your phone, they don't have that rubbery feel that the ZAGG Invisible Shield. However, this thing is a fingerprint magnet. So, I highly suggest you go for the Oleophobic Screen Protectors to get a nicer look. The protection that goes around the Stainless Steel Band feels nice and smooth too. It's not rubbery at all. The best part though, is that you get two of each, in case you mess up, or you want to save the next batch for future reference.

11. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

So for someone looking for just front glass protection, the oleophobic are the way to go? I'll be deciding on a case when apple announces what 3rd party ones they'll be giving away. I'm hoping for some pixelskin HD.

12. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

How does it work with a case being that it is thicker and stuff?

13. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'm only using Zagg on the back of my phone - my front is naked right now, waiting for my PowerSupport Crystal shield to ship.

14. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Everyone is really having that many problems with their Zagg screen protectors? I guess I'm the lucky one that hasn't had any issues at all with them. Have it on both the front and back of my iPhone 4, and it's just as perfect as the day I installed it (June 29). Had the Zagg on my old iPhone 3G as well and it lasted well over a year without any issues.

Oh well, guess it's not for everyone. I think it works great. Especially for someone using the iPhone 4 without a case.

15. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30