Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Is there anything you can do with Procreate besides draw? I know that’s likely a dumb question (and don’t need anyone to tell me it is), but I am curious if there’s more to it than that.

I just see it pop up a lot in my digital journaling chats, and was curious.

Thanks!

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Well I use it mainly to.. draw. It's very good at that. There's layers, tons of brushes with customization and some other nice tools. You create a canvas of a size of your liking and that's it.

I have no idea what other uses people could have, but if you have a specific wish for it, it might help to share that. Using it for writing seems more something for a note-taking app right? Writing by hand on an iPad for large amounts of text doesn't seem comfortable to me, it doesn't look great when I do it anyway.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Well I use it mainly to.. draw. It's very good at that. There's layers, tons of brushes with customization and some other nice tools. You create a canvas of a size of your liking and that's it.

I have no idea what other uses people could have, but if you have a specific wish for it, it might help to share that. Using it for writing seems more something for a note-taking app right? Writing by hand on an iPad for large amounts of text doesn't seem comfortable to me, it doesn't look great when I do it anyway.

No particular wish. I was just curious because I read a lot about it, but I’m definitely not an artist. ;-p

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Is there anything you can do with Procreate besides draw? I know that’s likely a dumb question (and don’t need anyone to tell me it is), but I am curious if there’s more to it than that.

I just see it pop up a lot in my digital journaling chats, and was curious.

Thanks!
You can use it to ‘touch-up’ photos. Simply import a photo then using the layers you can alter the photo to your hearts content. Use the warp tools for fun or apply a bit of motion blur for speed.
You could even increase the size of the drawing area and import a second or third photo, twist/turn/etc and make a collage.
Or simply sharpen the image or alter the colour of something on the photo.
When you’re done add text and then print. I did a family collection of photos:- 3ft long by 1ft high. From left to right it tells a photographic story. It now hangs in my hallway entrance.

Reactions: jagolden and kazmac

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
EA17A42B-61DD-41BD-8DD8-75E0D2F0B4BF.jpeg

I’ve created some fun photo manipulations with it. And now that it has text layer capabilities, you can do even more.

For the price, I think it’s worth trying out.

This sample took under a minute to slap together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beards
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.