What can i expect?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eriX, May 30, 2007.

1. eriX macrumors member

Hi! I got a problem since last time that i installed Tiger and my Apps I am on a G4 Dual at 1.42 Ghz and sometimes my Mac just Freeze dunno why. Sometimes just unpacking a RAR file, another time watching a DVD and chatting on Adium or just viewing a website :mad: (This one to be specific http://www.ilm.com/theshow/) I really hate this cause what can i expect when i try to open some of my design applications at the same time? :mad: I used Onyx and Main menu several time at month, 2GB RAM, no defrag until now, no several widgets running, only two applications running at startup, three partitions in one 320GB HardDrive 100GB each one. What can I do to solve this problem ? I switched from PC to Mac to forget this kind of **** :mad: Please HELP! By the way I noticed that Firefox is using too much resources that on PC sometimes it use 105% CPU

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

How much RAM do you have?

Your machine isn't the newest, and without enough RAM, this is bound to happen...

3. eriX thread starter macrumors member

I know that my Mac isn´t the newest but I didn´t have those problems with my very old PC with a single CPU and only 1GB on RAM just viewing a website or watching a DVD "NEVER" I have 2GB on RAM now on this Mac and i think that something must be wrong No one Mac even a PC froze for just viewing a website :mad: